• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

secondary clutch set up ????

Mills

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'14 Viper RTX, '06 Apex, '99 SX 600, '74 TL433F, '79 Trail Fire
I have an '08 Nytro FX10X with stock clutching. The helix on the secondary has four holes in it for the spring marked 0, 3, 6 & 9. I would assume that these relate to 0 deg., 30 deg., 60 deg. and 90 deg of spring wrap when the clutch is put together. Is this a fact? if not, what do the numbers mean? Also, the secondary on my older SX has numbers on the sheave where the spring seats into and you add the sheave # and helix # to get the total number of degrees the spring is wrapped to. Example -- with the spring in the #1 sheave hole and #6 hole on the helix, the total number of degrees of spring wrap is 70 deg.
The sheave on my Nytro secondary does not have any numbers on it but it has three holes for the spring to seat into. Does putting the spring in varioius holes in the sheave change the total number of degrees of spring wrap on this secondary like my old SX secondary? if so, how do I tell which hole does what?

holes

you are right on with you understanding. There should be numbers in there all of mine always have they are just really hard to see (not the best casting). and yes just add them together for your total degree's.

Back