• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Secondary Spring Wrap

1975FA

Expert
I just rebuilt my secondary clutch with bushings and ramp buttons. There are three holes in the secondary shieve. They are not numbered but are refered to in the manual as holes one, two, and three. How do I determin the correct numbering of these holes. The service manual seems to show the numbering going counter clockwise but gives no indicator as to what is number one.

I checked over the holes, and in the cavity's where they show the numbers both in my service manuel and the picture on the old post. Nothing is legible. Can somebody post a picture that shows number one clearly.

Look closely at the location of each hole relative to the base of the ramp they are near. You will see that one of them is closer to the base it is next to as compared to the others that is the #1 hole. I had the same issue as you and could not read any of the numbers in the casting. The method I described above is what I did to determine #1 #2 and #3 holes and then I wrote the #'s on the casting with a Sharpy for future reference.

Back