• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Serious Gains for a stock Nytro. Hindle and Hurricane

mach9

TY 4 Stroke Master
Just got my XTX dyno tuned by Hurricane Performance.
Hindle Full Stealth system, PCV mapping, Hurricane Air Box Mods.
Awesome day!!
Peak numbers.
Stock 129.3hp @ 8600rpm
After Mods 147.9hp @ 9200rpm
18.6hp gain and nice torque everywhere.
See chart attached... ;)!

Cheers

Attachments

• Mach9-xtx-nytro-dyno-result.jpg
    Mach9-xtx-nytro-dyno-result.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 1,086

Nice gains, now just clutched it and you will be good to go. Looks like the same numbers as shaddow. But as a stocker it seems low, is it because of the temp that it was dynoed in?

And all the debates can finally be put to bed. Mach9, What was the total cost of this full system? And how are the db levels of this set up?

SledFreak said:
Nice gains, now just clutched it and you will be good to go. Looks like the same numbers as shaddow. But as a stocker it seems low, is it because of the temp that it was dynoed in?

Air temp. was around the freezing mark most of the day.
I can't say why my stock sled couldn't quite hit 130 or break that.
Different sleds, different dyno's out there.
Dave's dyno is beefy and can take very high HP loads and not breakdown.
The point is the gains were very good over my stock sled.
You can only imagine or surmise...
If your stock sled was reading 138 would you see 157 after these mods?
Cheers

stephenpen said:
Nice numbers,
I wish he was a little closer to me. I want him to tune my machine.

Call him to see.
I heard guys will set up a tune date and travel, stay overnight at motel and head back.
The nice thing is his capabilities are expanding.
PCV tuning now available.

scott32 said:
And all the debates can finally be put to bed. Mach9, What was the total cost of this full system? And how are the db levels of this set up?

For me cost was kinda all over the place.
I got a PCV super cheap as a favor from one of my contacts.
Hindle systems are about $900.
You'll need to contact Dave for dyno time costs.
Air box mods, not sure on that yet.

Kits or package setups, will it be coming?? I hope so.
Put it this way.
The dyno time showed me how fickle each mod or change is to the A/F and that is where the HP is.
Mine liked being at a specific ratio that day for best HP.
Before the PCV was tuned the ratios were all over the place.
Stock ECU can't deal with these mods.

Fully open Hindle stealth system, no DB reducer.
DB readings... I think Hindle has a DB meter.
I don't know the actual numbers.
I won't really know how it sounds until I put my helmet on and ride it.

We use a DTS dyno system with the capabilities of measuring 2000hp sustained for an hour.Having said that,different dynos read slightly different.For example,many people in the industry say that a superflow dyno reads 4% higher hp.Superflow says thats the true reading.Who knows which manufacture is correct.Also,as many here know,we've seen a large variety of hp #'s on the Nytro,likely due to engine wear,air quality and tune.I believe that there is limited value placed on the measured hp compaired to the value of the hp gain.
In addition,we have had the privilege of working with and selling many performance sled products and in my opinion Hindle Performance Exhaust are quality products that work very well.
Dave

In looking at another HP chart shown on TY. The stock horsepower numbers are exactly off by 10 hp all the way up to 7500 rpm
And then really drop off. . But the mod. Horsepower finishes off to be with in .1 horsepower of full rpm's compared to others chart. I can't believe there are the same sleds with that much difference in horsepower. I may be wrong!?

Any dyno charts you see before mine were done without PCV or RB3 tune or intake mods. Humm!!

Please be aware that all dyno's read different. Do not compare stock sled numbers from different dyno especially done on different days. Testing should always be done on the same dyno, the same day and even the same operator. The same procedure should be used for testing a aftermarket exhaust system (Hindle or Excell). The exact same results will not be seen on another sled, they could actually be higher or lower. Even the AF could be different.

Lee Hindle

Thats 100% true.The dynos have weather stations wired up to the software but to me,if the air density isn't good the engine must react to the conditions of the day.Also,when we assemble race engines,we set all the rotating assembly specs loose inorder to free up hp.The Yamaha specs are broad so I believe that an engine built on the tight side of the spec will require more hp to rotate the engine while running then an engine built to the loose end of the spec.
This may account for the variation in hp from 1 engine to another

Back