• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shock re-valving with multi-stage stacks - Who is doing the best?

Who do you guys recommend nowadays for multi-stage shock valving stacks KYB and SOQI shocks?

• Carver Performance

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Deycore Shocks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hygear Suspension

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Shock Therapy

• Other - please post below and I will add the choice

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Shock Tec

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Bline Control

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • MCR

• Total voters

Ding

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Black & Blue
Who do you guys recommend nowadays for multi-stage shock valving stacks on the following shocks? I would do it myself, but can't seem to find any good specs out there (they keep them to themselves for obvious reasons). My preference has been Bruce Schrader of Pioneer, but of course he quit :(

These are the shocks I am interested in revalving . . .
  • SOQI (GYTR) Piggyback Ski Shocks for Apex / Attak
  • KYB RA skid shockl for 1st generation 136 RA Mono
  • 2009 Nytro XTX skid (both shocks)

I need to send mine out this summer as well so please everyone chime in with the good the bad and the ulgy so I can make an informed choice too. thanks.

I have used Shock Tec in Drayton Ontario Canada several times for the shocks listed, as have my buds.
Frank knows his stuff, highly recommended.
shocktec.ca

B-Line Control. Lindstrom Minnesota.
Bruce (651) 257-0828

Been thinking about trying MCR in Metamora. I know he's big in bike suspensions.

Just as an FYI we are working on some progressive rate springs for the mono skid shocks. These will be an alternative to hygear dual rate set up. The springs will start at a softer rate and finish at big boy rates and be a direct interchange with stock spring.

Just as an FYI we are working on some progressive rate springs for the mono skid shocks. These will be an alternative to hygear dual rate set up. The springs will start at a softer rate and finish at big boy rates and be a direct interchange with stock spring.

Thats great news.
Hygear sells all top notch stuff but you pay for it.
Hope you can get your pricing a little more affordable than the hygear stuff

as for the revalving question
For my viper i had ian @ monster performance revalve the rear shocks.
I have not ridden the sled yet but if the shocks are any where near as good as the service im sure im going to be happy.
I sent him an email at 8 pm and he returned an email quote within 30 minutes!!
I got a great price and very fast service.
Even though i filled out paperwork from his website and enclosed it with the shocks, He called me when he recieved the shocks to discuss exactly what i wanted and what to expect.and called me just before returning them to tell me they were all set and on the way back.

Thats great news.
Hygear sells all top notch stuff but you pay for it.
Hope you can get your pricing a little more affordable than the hygear stuff

I started a thread in the apex section on these springs we will be offering. Will be retailing them for $160, which I feel many will find attractive.

Chris at Schmidt Brothers is very knowledgeable on shocks. I have had him do some rebuilds for me.

Hygear is my choice, always have good service from them.

Back