• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

shortened front a arms

subaru2006

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris SBA
Anyone switch a arms to 40 or 38" a arms? I'm considering doing this but cant decide. I'm still about 60% on trail but have read people with 38 and still claim they handle find on trails. I'm kinda aggressive on trails. My thoughts was to change the front out to save weight and to assist tree riding.

Pro's and con's welcomed. Also what kit did you go with or did you just buy arctic mountain a arms?

Subaru2006

I put the Cat arms on, had shocks shortened and removed the sway bar. After the front skid shock fix if I hit a corner on packed snow too fast the entire sled lifts on the inside and I can steer with the gas. I couldn't be happier with it.

My sled is flat as it can be possible. And like I said before we ride pretty hard and with being on trail more that would be my biggest concern. How much weight did you drop. If I go 40" I can keep the stock shocks with spacers but would have to buy aftermarket. Other concern is cost.

Subaru2006

I also used the A C a arm kit comes with the shorter tie rods I was very surprised how well it handled on trails but if you ride trails 60% of time maybe 40" stance would be best of both worlds

That's kinda what I'm leaning towards. It will be right about what I want to spend. Was also thinking of adding the complete vertical post like the new MTx 141 has.

Subaru2006

I also used the A C a arm kit comes with the shorter tie rods I was very surprised how well it handled on trails but if you ride trails 60% of time maybe 40" stance would be best of both worlds

Small shop in Idaho shortened both my fox float 3's for 100 bucks total plus shipping. 200 bucks for 2012 Cat refit kit on Ebay. :)

I did it with the cat a arms also they have no provision for the sway bar love it for off trail trial riding is ok if you trail ride hard nights mot be the beat idea

Hey Yamahaguys, you are true TY guys posting on the drive home from the TY ride!
Was good to met you,and have supper at Foggy's with you last night.
Wish I could have talked to you guys more the other night but that band was just to loud.
Maybe next time.

What arms did you put on there? There not stock right since the 40" started this year? Or did I miss that...

Also your sway bar is removed all the time or using a quick disconnect. I wonder how that combo would be on the trails still.

Subaru2006

I have the 40inch on my LE and its good on trail and a even more fun off trail. Once the sway bar is removed it rolls over easy in the deep. lots of fun!

I didnt put them on, The XTX LE comes with 40inch front from factory. They are fine on trial without the sway bar but you need to be mindful in the corners. You might want disconnects if you're on the trails more? User preference. We completely removed them and built plates to plug the holes. When your playing in the powder all day the sway bar will just wear out the driver because your always fighting it. I want to conserve my energy when playing in the deep for the times your stuck or need to help a friend get unstuck not fight with my sled on every turn.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/sway-bar-delete-filler-plate.130029/

Last edited:

Back