• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should I fix it, or can I run it ???

Ding

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Black & Blue

Attachments

• Busted Front Arm.jpg
    Busted Front Arm.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 186

Did the same to mine this past week on a 2000 mile run.
Mine also broke the front shock mounts right off.

Luckily we were on the last day 10 miles from my house and right near a road, and Pizza.

My buddy went for the truck I had Pizza and waited for the rescue.

Can not complain think of all the bumps that thing has handled in 55,600 KM. She lasted a long time.

yamaha1973 said:
That will buff right out!
Ah, at least one person saw the humor . . .

But on a serious note . . .

Already had Brian's Beef Up Kit applied after previously breaking in the typical places, but it broke in other places this time.

How many rebuilds can these arms take?

Just curious, I just got an 2006 Apex GT with 1400 miles on it and have on 05 RX1 with 1450 miles on it. How many miles are on these things before breaking this bad? I was planning on riding the Apex next season and then sending the Arms in for the beef up kit, I typically ride 900-1500 miles a winter 98% trails. What are the chances of me breaking them with low miles?

Obviously it depends on how much stress it gets. Cruising down smooth trails for 10K miles it very well may not break. Pounding rough trails for 300 miles it could break. So it is really hard to answer, but unless you are pounding rough trails you are probably okay for the rest of the year. I do believe that adjusting for more transfer increases the stress on the front arm. But when you ride off-trail you need the transfer.

Ding said:
yamaha1973 said:
That will buff right out!
Ah, at least one person saw the humor . . .

But on a serious note . . .

Already had Brian's Beef Up Kit applied after previously breaking in the typical places, but it broke in other places this time.

How many rebuilds can these arms take?

Welcome to the Mono!

By far the biggest issue with that skid is breaking the arms, second is that it's just not capable of dealing with large bumps. Now in the small stutters it's just the opposite, it can't be beat.

As mentioned, weld it back up again, as long as everything can be aligned correctly. Also, I agree with the reinforcement sleeve if possible.

RxThunder said:
Just curious, I just got an 2006 Apex GT with 1400 miles on it and have on 05 RX1 with 1450 miles on it. How many miles are on these things before breaking this bad? I was planning on riding the Apex next season and then sending the Arms in for the beef up kit, I typically ride 900-1500 miles a winter 98% trails. What are the chances of me breaking them with low miles?

Almost 15,000 miles on my Attak and no problems. As previously stated, it depends on if you beat the crap out of it or not...

Do the beef up kit advertised all over this forum. Did it four years ago. Well worth it. No issues. Not even a rust mark! Oh and I weigh 280lb. and ride hard.

Ding said:

What shock do you have in the mono (Ohlins ECS, RA)? Have you had it revalved and resprung to match your riding style/weight and prevent bottoming out? It is my understanding that repeated bottoming out is what does these in.

Back