• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should Yamaha offer a bigger tank on SOME Nytros

Should Yamaha offer a VERSION of the Nytro with bigger gas tank

• Yes I would like a 10-12gal on some Nytros

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No I like it the way it is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care 7 or 10gal I am buying the Nytro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SNOBLOWR said:
BLUEBALLER said:
kizerboy said:
The back of the running boards are big enough to hold two 1 gallon gas cans, one on each side. Already checked it out. Hope this helps.
The back of the running boards is valuable real estate when playing in the powder. Personally, i'd like to see something either in the nose or on top of the clutch cover. Tourbuddy are you reading this??

A fuel caddy in the very front of the nose of the sled creates a fire hazard in the event of a crash. I'd like to drive a Nytro, not an exploding Pinto.

Now on top of the clutch gaurd, that is a more likely location.

Just my .02

aka Turbocat on HCS

To me the most difficult locations to design a fuel tank for are places where a lot of heat is transferred into the tank causing potential fuel vapours to be emitted. If Yamaha can make the tank safe sitting on top of the hot exhaust pipes (while your legs are straddling it), and Tour Buddy can make it safe sitting inside the engine bay on top of the hot belt and beside the hot engine, it shouldn't be too difficult to make one safe that fits into the nose.

Sure if you hit a tree hard enough there could be a significant fuel spill - but if you really demolish your sled there's likely going to be fuel leaking out somewhere anyway. At least the nose is farther away from the rider...

The other concern I've always had about the belt cover is sometimes when a belt goes it actually takes out the cover.

guys i believe that fuel mileage will be so good on this low rpm torque monster that tank size wont be an issue. i think yama guys know more than us on this . lets see i think well be o.k.

It is too bad they won't be able to do anything for the 08 models. While the mileage may not be a big problem if it gets great fuel mileage, it is always nice to have the extra gas. Other models have good locations for aux fuel tanks, but there really doesn't seem to be a good spot on the Nytro.

gotta remember yamahas customer service. viper shock upgrades, apex handle bar upgrades ect... those that have an issue with the fuel capacity wanting to upgrade may get the chance when it is developed and available the following year. just a thought. ski

Back