• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Luggage

I have spring ordered an LTX-LE and won't receive it until December. Enjoying the comments and posts throughout the forum. A stupid question if I may. The Linq system bags and fuel caddy come with 2 brackets. What would be the problem to drill holes in the tunnel to mount these brackets? I can only think there would be interference issues with heat exchanger. Am I correct?

SkiDoo has great accessories

Can the smaller tank stack the Sr21 bag on top? That would be close to perfect for me.

Only the 15L / 4 gallon tank can stack the bags on top. In this case only the single LMP-1 bracket can be used.
I can send pics later.

I have spring ordered an LTX-LE and won't receive it until December. Enjoying the comments and posts throughout the forum. A stupid question if I may. The Linq system bags and fuel caddy come with 2 brackets. What would be the problem to drill holes in the tunnel to mount these brackets? I can only think there would be interference issues with heat exchanger. Am I correct?

The Yamaha/ Arctic Cat tunnels are not wide enough. The Ski-Doo tunnels are 1"" wider. Can not be done without spacing brackets wider that the tunel on Yam/Cat.
I have mounted the link brackets on in the past with Aluminum angle brackets but the finished product does not come out as good. Not to mention the UNT mounts are built very well.

I see in the Yamaha accessories catalogue they offer a "Modular Rack Base" with jerry can holder and water resistant pack. It says fits BTX and MTX wouldn't this work on the RTX and LTX models? or are the tunnel to short. By the looks of it in the picture it doesn't even take up the whole length of the tunnel and the mounting bolts are on the edge of the tunnel way clear of the heat exchanger. Any thoughts ?

Anyone know where we can get good "Yamaha" patches we can use to cover up the "ski-doo" name on the bags?? I'm thinking of something that can be stiched over that nasty BRP logo on the linq bags?????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see in the Yamaha accessories catalogue they offer a "Modular Rack Base" with jerry can holder and water resistant pack. It says fits BTX and MTX wouldn't this work on the RTX and LTX models? or are the tunnel to short. By the looks of it in the picture it doesn't even take up the whole length of the tunnel and the mounting bolts are on the edge of the tunnel way clear of the heat exchanger. Any thoughts ?

It will fit on the Many models. The problem is it really is not a
Easy on and off for the bag and fuel caddy. Here is some more of its applications. There is no heat exchanger Interference on the sides where it mounts. Any viper application would work for the Sidewinder.

SMA-8KGRK-BS-BK

SRVIPER(2015
SRVIPER L-TX DX(2017, 2016, 2015)
SRVIPER L-TX LE(2017, 2016, 2015)
SRVIPER L-TX SE(2017
SRVIPER M-TX 141 SE(2016)
SRVIPER M-TX 153(2016, 2015)
SRVIPER M-TX 153 LE(2016)
SRVIPER M-TX 153 SE(2017, 2016, 2015)
SRVIPER M-TX 162(2016)
SRVIPER M-TX 162 LE(2016, 2015)
SRVIPER M-TX 162 SE(2017, 2016, 2015)
SRVIPER S-TX DX(2015)
SRVIPER X-TX(2015)
SRVIPER X-TX SE(2017, 2016, 2015)

I mounted one on my 15 viper and did not like it. Clumsy looking square fuel caddy. Installed a BRP caddy after that.

UOTE="actionjack, post: 1319820, member: 2621"]SkiDoo has great accessories
Can the smaller tank stack the Sr21 bag on top? That would be close to perfect for me.[/QUOTE]

Smaller tank can not stack. Here are some pics of the larger 4 gallon tank and single LMP-1 mount with multiple combo's. Stock bag can stay on 137 models.

I think the sr21 bag and tank combo is the best set up. (First 3pics).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 843
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 739
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 886
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 741
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 729
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 758
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 856
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 731
I asked this a couple weeks ago but nobody replied so maybe nobody has tried, but has anyone investigated the Powderkeg tunnel bag? I'm wondering if it can be installed on the sidewinder with the heat exchanger, and if it will fit the 137s. I know the Viper guys used them, but I don't believe the Vipers had the heat exchanger to contend with.

My dealer tells me that the Viper bag fits on the SW....
Not a fan of the Yamaha or Cat storage bags lost so many of those damn straps. I found the clips became very brittle when it got cold. -40C. The doo system just plain works so I think that's why a lot of folks myself included are going this way. Little bit of black marker to cover up the doo logo and your set [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

So we have a nice way to mount accessories, but must have skidoo LOGO!

Which I have no problem with....it's just the skidoo tax, I hate paying.

Back