• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder power lost after 60 km in trail

Perfect, glad to hear that I am not alone in this battle, I getting a replacement pump tomorrow.
What is the fuel level at when your having this issue? Does it do it full? Or is happening when it’s below quarter. I still think when these winders get low something is happening? Fuel sloshing around and fuel pump sucks air intermittently?

The problem was solved by replacing the fuel pump. The new pump showed a good and solid pressure at idle when compaired to the faulty pump.
Drove the sleed for 500 km and no problem at all. very good acceleration, no power roolback. Sleed run just like before. did not replace the pressure regulator.
Very happy, thanks guys for your comment.
Al.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Good news. I swear mine has exact symptoms you describe but only with 3 gallons or less in the fuel tank. Thought I had fuel octane issues at times. It’s the fuel sloshing all the way to back of tank on. Hard pulls under 3 gallons of gas. We purposely replicated miles after fill ups and it does it every time. Throws my knock light also. 117 mph today and it flashed. Was going down a steep hill flattened out on turn and just got into gas slightly and it falls on its face ever so slightly. All of this stuff at 3 gallons or less in tank.

I had the same issue with my 2017 Sidewinder after 15,000kms. Replace the pump and we are back in business. Not cheap!!!

The problem was solved by replacing the fuel pump. The new pump showed a good and solid pressure at idle when compaired to the faulty pump.
Drove the sleed for 500 km and no problem at all. very good acceleration, no power roolback. Sleed run just like before. did not replace the pressure regulator.
Very happy, thanks guys for your comment.
Al.
Cheap pumps made in China!

I don’t think the stock pump is BAD. It’s just not capable with any kind of tune when your tank gets low on fuel. IMO

Back