• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder top speed 137" LTX-DX

Really, 2-4" of powder? No body Ive ever heard of does speed runs on that. Lol. Nice flat hard pack or ice would help your cause. But I wouldn't expect too much.

850 etec renegade with same track goes 95mph. Just to give you an idea.

But I have to ask? Why does a guy buy a 1.6 and care about how fast it can go? Lol....I know.
Not powder loose snow from fresh groomed trail. BTW anything over 100MPH is fast so I happy with that but after reading this post it got me thinking maybe something might be slightly out of wack. I just put the 6.9 skis on and have a trip planned to Gaspe for a week. I will see if I can break 110MPH maybe there is something to the ski drag theory.

To be honest.....my 122mph (speedo) was on tuners, and completely stock suspension set up.
Since I've switched to 5.7's loaded front skid shock and let limiter strap out all the way.

I don't think that's the set up to maximize speed. I have a brand new belt to break in. Then I'm going to try again.
Next week. I'll report back.

You woulndt have pictures of your springs and how they are setup would you?

Sorry I do not.
Front springs were all the way out with just a smidge of tension front of rear suspension just about crushed on light secondary spring down all the way. Not sure if Le is differs from other SW models.

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2017 137" LTX-DX sidwinder. Has about 1200km's on it now and is well broken in I would think.

Has been pretty good so far... still on stock belt, turbo bolts all in place, no flat spotted rollers, no oil leaks.. knock on wood.

However, I feel as though it should be faster then it is. I have checked and tighten all turbo plumbing(some were quite loose). I have only been able to reach a top speed of 172km/h on one occasion(groomed trail, not hard packed) and most of the time its in the 167 km/h range. What are others seeing? I thought this thing would fly through 170km/h on its way to 180km/h+. It will spike to 8900 and fall to 8500/8550.

Again, sled is 100% stock, not high elevation about 800 feet.

Please let me know your thoughts and perhaps things to look into.
mines all stock and has hit 192 on gps , but on the lake.
on groomed trail 172 doesn't seem bad , but can only compare on the lake.
The revs don't seem right as mine hangs around 88-8900.

To be honest.....my 122mph (speedo) was on tuners, and completely stock suspension set up.
Since I've switched to 5.7's loaded front skid shock and let limiter strap out all the way.

I don't think that's the set up to maximize speed. I have a brand new belt to break in. Then I'm going to try again.

It would be interesting to see what kind of boost numbers you are getting on your stock set up.
Just go to diagnostic mode and scroll down to Map. Run it WOT and watch for the highest number. I would expect around 1265-1280. My TD 245 tune was in the 1500s the first time I tried that at a bit of elevation. Next time closer to sea level I got 1475 which comes out to 13.8 psi of boost. Not sure how accurate it is,or if altitude or temps affects the readings but it does show that I put out more boost then the stock 9.5 - 10 psi. 1st time tried, it was also pretty warm out whereas 2cnd time it was close to 0 degrees F. I shall get an average after a couple more tries in different locations!!

Where you going to ride? What snow, lol

Good to know. I'll check it out & report my findings.

I think I'm running appx 600' above sea level.

Thanks!

Blew a belt at 637 miles over the weekend. It was in chunks. Changed it out, and was able to keep my hands on clutches at all times(not hot at all, just warm). Next morning took/rode sled to dealer to have it checked out..offset/alignment etc. while there I had them Take out some weight in primary clutch, cuz it wouldn’t run any higher than 8400-8500 rpm on top. Stock Winder, stock primary, Dalton black/Orange spring in Secondary, with Dalton 33/35 Helix set at 6-1, and TD Heavy Duty Rollers. 180 1450” Megabite studs in track of a 2018 RTX.

As soon as I started the sled up after they lightened up the primary weights, I could tell it was different/better even at idle. Drove away and punched it and it went right up to 8900-9000 rpm. So far with 286 miles on the second belt, and 923 miles on the sled, it is Reving much more in the ball park of where it should be.

Last edited:
I gained approx 5mph after getting the weight off the ski’s.
Exactly, the DX suspension is calibrated for trail riding and puts a lot of weight on the front skis. Get the weight off the skis and see what happens.

Exactly, the DX suspension is calibrated for trail riding and puts a lot of weight on the front skis. Get the weight off the skis and see what happens.

It doesn't look like the middle spring is adjustable? Or if it is Im not sure how to go about doing it? Any suggestions?

The snow is gone in r area........I'm going to cooper harbor one week from tomorrow for the week, they have snow!!!!!

Hmm.......what to do, it the question. I will be on the road Wednesday. Snow seeker will not give up on this season just yet.

Remember: when in doubt throttle out!

Back