• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SingleShot rear suspension???

...and they have for a long time!
I agree...cat has had some good riding sleds...but for whatever reason...the vipers ride worse than the cat zr and xfs....I just don't get it?...yamaha gives us these great motors, fine fit and finish...eps..exup...etc...they are a very high tech company...I expected them to have some super trick auto adjusting suspensions by now that would dominate the sport...it just hasn't happened...for a company that made a living dominating motocross tracks for 40 plus years...I expect more...and fox air shocks..ain't it...especially if yamaha calibrates them...it's sad really

Yamaha should have bought the rights to the AD Boiven skids, especially the ZX2. That was too nice of skid to let fall by the wayside. Look at Polaris, they see anything good in the market, FAST, Klim and now Timberline and they just buy it.

i also have a 2016 ZR8000 and many of my freinds have the ZR9000, the team clutchs are way out , but the stock suspension is really good and handling is excellent..

Just doing some research on the single-shot and this thread came up in the search. Great read! I was wondering why Yamaha didn't increase the travel on the single-shot to keep up with the competition? Quick look around shows the current POO & Cat/Viper skids around 13.5", with Doo at 15" on the r-motion. Old mono 11.7" and single-shot 11.8". Another opportunity lost here?

I would think yes if nothing replaces Apex in 2017. Not selling many anymore & without a comfy ride I would not be interested I would be calling FAST for a new suspension SS is a brick. Just have to see if Yamaha turns the page with a new platform if not I'll be talking to FAST if I stay on with used Apex in near future.....new no way not with SS. Snow trackers on stock single keel skis do really well for front end handling so now I would look to aftermarket for cush rear skid.

I have heard The FAST crew is now working for Yamaha !!! So now maybe we will get there front and rear suspensions.... OMG that would be so cool !!

Just doing some research on the single-shot and this thread came up in the search. Great read! I was wondering why Yamaha didn't increase the travel on the single-shot to keep up with the competition? Quick look around shows the current POO & Cat/Viper skids around 13.5", with Doo at 15" on the r-motion. Old mono 11.7" and single-shot 11.8". Another opportunity lost here?

I don't get caught up in travel numbers, how it rides is all I care. The little bit I rode a single shot equipped Apex I did not care for it. I didn't not play with air pressure though, was just a dealer demo I took a spin on. Was very chattery in the ripple bumps. I think the CK skid rides better.

Single shot had some serious valving issues. Someplace the valving specs got messed up between prototype and production. Supposed to be fixed for this season. Idk if they had it fixed in time for 2017 models or not. But even the biased sled rags said it was an amazing skid when they rode the prototypes. Hopeing they got them sorted out for real tho. I haven't heard anything def from anyone else that has them. Only heard r&d guy from yamahas comment.

the only one working from FAST is Randy he use to work for Yamaha when they where racing in SX and then he went to work for Fox shocks he went back to Yamaha R&D in June 2016.

Back