• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski options for 2013 Nytro FX

terez

Expert
Mostly trail riding but a lil loose snow play when I can. Looking for a decent trail ski with reasonable steering effort and better flotation than the tuners.

I am leaning toward oem MTX skis/snowtrackers but are there other choices?

7in Powderhounds? Opinions?

What size lug track do you have? Is it a Rtx or Xtx? Is there a budget or not really?

Shorty FX currently running the oem rip2 studded. Likely going to go 136 1.5~1.6 ice ripper or Ice attak this season tho.

Budget not the biggest concern although I'm not willin to go Split Rail budget!! LOL
I expect to pay around $400 or so...carbides are a wear item so not factoring them in that price....(well actually everything below the windshield trim is a wear item on a sled!.... so...LOL )

I am leaning toward oem MTX skis and run snowtrackers or similar at this point......I am considering 7in Powderhounds too but I assume they will have high steering effort which is already a issue on the Nytro and I don't want to make it worse.

C&A makes an xtx ski, going with longer track and deeper lug would make them a great ski. Think it would be what your looking for too

Have you considered curve xs skis? Handle really well on trail a float pretty well off trail.

Mostly trail riding but a lil loose snow play when I can. Looking for a decent trail ski with reasonable steering effort and better flotation than the tuners.

I am leaning toward oem MTX skis/snowtrackers but are there other choices?

7in Powderhounds? Opinions?

I would say C&A "Razor" or the Tuners, want to buy the Razor package but the tuners haven't let me down... Yet. My eye is on the Razor by C&A though. About $600 ish cdn for the skis, bracket and carbides.

I am going to be running Skidoo DS or DS2 haven't decided which yet. A buddy of mine is running them on his Nytro and loves them. They are excellent price as well.

hard to beat Curve skis for trail use. Not bad as far as steering effort with single wear bars and they have enough floatation for some off trail adventures. I've tried other skis but the Curves seem to fit the Nytro the best and for me they are the most predictable ski in changing conditions.

Back