• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski Options

Buster696

VIP Member
Ran the stock skis for 2 rides, total miles = 150. Stock skis still have original runners from factory and i'm getting a little push in the corners and some darting.
I have a set of C&A Pro Razors and wanted to see if anyone else has tried these with the Viper.

--Buster696--

I just put the curves on my sled this past weekend and the difference was amazing! the sled had a lot of high speed push and just a ski change has eliminated all of it!

Call sean and nick at Curves and get a set coming, you won't regret it... best money i've spent on a snowmobile in 10 years!

Understand. Love the Curve Skis. Got a couple buds running them and they love them on non-viper sleds. But, I have a fairly new/slightly used pair of C&A's. If i didn't have these i'd get the Curves. Just looking for some input on the C&A's for the Viper.

--Buster696--

Put the curves on my ltx se, night and day diff! what a diff, by far the best mod you can do to the sled! Reduced darting a great deal over stock ski, floats better, and sticks to the trail like you're on rails!

I dont have the C&A's but i'm sure they have to be better than the stock setup so i would put them on if i were you. I am running curve's as well.

Buster696 said:
Understand. Love the Curve Skis. Got a couple buds running them and they love them on non-viper sleds. But, I have a fairly new/slightly used pair of C&A's. If i didn't have these i'd get the Curves. Just looking for some input on the C&A's for the Viper.

--Buster696--

I have the C&A XTX skis with 8 inch shaper bars. It handles great like a slot car and floats beautiful, but they dart a little to much for my liking. So I have to make some adjustments to Change that! I can't stand darting or inside ski lift!! I was thinking about Curve XS skis, but can't swallow another 600 bucks for another set of skis. Wife would kill me?

Same here. Curves for me someday. Not as confident in Pilots like I was on Phazer. Never pushed on that one but havent got it to that point on Viper yet. Dont get me wrong they work MUCH better than stock. Comparing it to a 7000ltx 137 with Curves I got butt kicked in tight woods but that one the front feels heavy. I can duplicate that feel but they still push sometimes. Even off the gas.

I too had 150 on the stock skis waiting until the hardware kit came in so I could put my Curves on. IMO anything is better than the stock skis. Either slap those C&As on, or sell/trade to get a set of Curves.

YamahaTim said:
I have the C&A XTX skis with 8 inch shaper bars. It handles great like a slot car and floats beautiful, but they dart a little to much for my liking. So I have to make some adjustments to Change that! I can't stand darting or inside ski lift!! I was thinking about Curve XS skis, but can't swallow another 600 bucks for another set of skis. Wife would kill me?

$600?!?! The Leader System starts at $350 and offers the same performance of the XS system... same ski, same loop, different loop hardware :sled1:

http://curveindustries.com/shopexd2.asp?id=294

- Sean

Mike, you know me and I have had C&A Razors on everything....they will work great on the Viper.

Sean - I have been hearing about Curve skis for awhile now, guess I always go back to my proven products unless someone can prove to me something better. Do you have any demo skis I could try or will you be at any of the TY rides?

I am running Simmons with 2 - 8" carbides on each ski on the XTX and now she turns but takes a lot of input.

I put 250 miles on my new SLP Mohawk's this past weekend. With the 6" carbides they are flat out awesome on all trails. Off trail in the pow, they float well and maintain plenty of steering control even without too much input. I'm really impressed with them so far and have not found a condition in which they do not perform. It's not icy here at all so I haven't studded yet but from all the feedback I'm hearing 6 inch carbides should be fine.

Mods imo is the least effort to turn. No pushing at all. Would like to try a set of curves to compare. Owned just about everything else. Sean hook me up.

Not as much float as my powder hounds, but turning is easier, that's why I choose mods. Just addicted to boon docking. So not 100 percent it's the right ski for me.

Just means my son can pic and choose what hand me down he wants on his phaser.

Back