• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skinz AirFrame running boards

Jmansjeep

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 xtx backcountry
Hey there everybody, I have been looking at these running boards for awhile but haven’t found much info specific to the Nytro. I bought a set anyway, around $405 most places, and recently installed them. Pretty straight forward instructions, not to hard to do. I would highly recommend a pneumatic rivet gun, there are quite a few rivets and they are tough! I think they look great. They are strong and definitely stiffer than stock half way down the board. Here are some pics.

53CB49AB-F1FC-4527-A03D-7B398CB246D4.jpeg
071876CA-1858-433E-B0B7-F4BF52D443E5.jpeg
613B4B80-227B-42D7-A6CD-3406596B741A.jpeg
E144F923-2F22-4260-ACCD-46A64BD78BF2.jpeg
FCEC0495-5CD7-4991-A307-FC5FE947569B.jpeg
44E4CA78-63DB-4848-9C2F-82A4FF096F3E.jpeg

Nice!!
That's a scary job , first set I did I must have measured, fitted a 100 times , but once you do one it's not that hard but just the thought of cutting the tunnel had me nervous!!

Looks good !!!

Nice!!
That's a scary job , first set I did I must have measured, fitted a 100 times , but once you do one it's not that hard but just the thought of cutting the tunnel had me nervous!!

Looks good !!!

It is a little intimidating at first, but not to hard to do. Once they are on everything feels stiffer than stock.

Lol, still looks wild with the sawzall there and your running board on the concrete!

Just put these on my sled about a month ago. I wish I had a sawzall, I had to use a grinder with cutting discs (wasn't much fun). For those curious, here's the rivets Jmansjeep is talking about...

23894841017_202fc78331_b.jpg

ALSO!

These boards use your stock front holes and you are required to drill holes in your tunnel to mount the rear of the boards. That being said, be sure to line up your boards side by side to make sure nothing got tweaked in shipping. If you don't check this, your rear holes may not line up in comparison to one another and will look awkward if you are looking straight down at the end of your tunnel. The arm on one of my boards that mounts to the front was slightly off so I had to take a rubber mallet to it to make everything line up with the other.

I can't wait to try these new boards out this winter. My only complaint about them so far is that the ends of the boards look slightly weird against the XTX tunnel, almost as if Skinz didn't have an XTX on hand to design them off the OEM tunnel.

Good points. Curious, what did you do with the rear bumper? I cut the metal flat parts off of mine and then painted it.

Just put these on my sled about a month ago. I wish I had a sawzall, I had to use a grinder with cutting discs (wasn't much fun). For those curious, here's the rivets Jmansjeep is talking about...

23894841017_202fc78331_b.jpg

ALSO!

These boards use your stock front holes and you are required to drill holes in your tunnel to mount the rear of the boards. That being said, be sure to line up your boards side by side to make sure nothing got tweaked in shipping. If you don't check this, your rear holes may not line up in comparison to one another and will look awkward if you are looking straight down at the end of your tunnel. The arm on one of my boards that mounts to the front was slightly off so I had to take a rubber mallet to it to make everything line up with the other.

I can't wait to try these new boards out this winter. My only complaint about them so far is that the ends of the boards look slightly weird against the XTX tunnel, almost as if Skinz didn't have an XTX on hand to design them off the OEM tunnel.
I just put boards on my nytro and I notice that the front foot hoop was tweaked a hair. Nothing that I couldn't just pull back a bit to get the hole to line up. Really excited to try them out this winter. should be a million times better then the stock ones.

Good points. Curious, what did you do with the rear bumper? I cut the metal flat parts off of mine and then painted it.

I guess I haven't even thought of that yet since I haven't put my bumper on. How easy was it to cut the flat parts off? My bumper is powdercoated, but I suppose I can just touch up the places that need it

I guess I haven't even thought of that yet since I haven't put my bumper on. How easy was it to cut the flat parts off? My bumper is powdercoated, but I suppose I can just touch up the places that need it

Easy, grind the weld off and sand smooth.

20171201_224951.jpg
20171201_225307.jpg

Bumper flip on both mine and the wifes. The white one has the flat removed and welded back on the other side. The blue on has a custom touch. The reason for my flip is the viper flaps i use don't really like the low bumper.

Back