• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skinz warranty

grumpysanta

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
BE CAREFUL WARRANTY IS REALLY ONLY GOOD FOR AMERICANS ..... iF YOU BUY AS A CANADIAN . THEY DO NOT OFFER MUCH WARRANTY AT ALL AND IT IS UP TO YOU THE CUSTOMER TO PAY SHIPPING AND BROKERAGE FEES BOTH WAYS IF THEY EXCEPT YOUR CLAIM . AS FOR ME I WILL BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE TO BE ABLE TO GET WARRANTY.

That is true of many US vendors - I wouldn't single out Skinz.

I had parts missing when my Skinz bumpers were shipped from Royal Distributing in Canada. I called Skinz and they hooked me up no questions asked and fast shipping.

BUYER BE WERE , OR READ THE SMALL PRINT.. i HAVE DEALT WITH OTHER usa. COMPANIES AND IN THIS DIGITAL AGE THEY DO NOT EVEN REQUEST YOU TO SHIP BACK THE ITEM JUST EMAIL A DIGITAL PICTURE OF THE DAMAGE... SAVES BOTH ON THE COST OF SHIPPING AND THEY DON'T HAVE TO RECEIVE IT AND THEN DISCARD IT

grumpysanta said:
BUYER BE WERE , OR READ THE SMALL PRINT.. i HAVE DEALT WITH OTHER usa. COMPANIES AND IN THIS DIGITAL AGE THEY DO NOT EVEN REQUEST YOU TO SHIP BACK THE ITEM JUST EMAIL A DIGITAL PICTURE OF THE DAMAGE... SAVES BOTH ON THE COST OF SHIPPING AND THEY DON'T HAVE TO RECEIVE IT AND THEN DISCARD IT

No offence, but in this digital age as you put it, there are more guys scamming companies with Photoshop and fake pics. I have no issues with a company wanting the item returned for inspection on a warranty claim...however I think they should cover the shipping back at the very least.

What is the warranty issue you have?

YES IT WAS , BUT THEY WOULD NOT COVER SHIPPING EITHER WAY SO WITH FEES AND SHIPPING IT WOULD COST ME OVER A HUNDRED AND FIFTY BUCKS BOTH WAYS . SO MIGHT AS WELL EAR IT . AND SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE . BUT YOUR RIGHT NEVER THOUGHT OF PHOTO SHOP .. BUT , THATS JUST ME , AND I PASSED A CLAIM WITH ANOTHER COMPANY JUST A COUPLE WEEKS AGO . AND I AM SURE THEY HAVE A PROGRAM TO SEE IF IT HAS BEEN PHOTO SHOPPED .. MY 2 CENTS... OH I FORGOT NO MORE PENNIES...

Are you having quality problems with a Skinz bag? I bough one that I haven't used yet. Got it in the US since Royal Distributing didn't have any in the catalogue?

For the price I was disappointed in the thickness of the material. Plus only the the bottom and the door seems to be water resistant when you look at the coating inside. If I compare this to my Yamaha nose bag where the coating is everywhere inside and much thicker.

On top of it Skinz says its proudly made in the US and Yamaha is probably from China... Go figure.

Royal stop carrying Skinz 2 years ago...I wonder why. poor after sales service MAYBE .. and product is not up to the extra price they charge .

Back