• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled for a FAT guy

2-up or Big-Bump to haul a fat-#*$&@

• 2-up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big-Bump

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Venture has a white block u just flip it for 2 up ..I am close to 300 lbs with my equipment on and with my wife we are around 460lbs , I have never bottomed out and I have ridden hard with the wife on the back..I have the 07 Venture GT and once it is set up to your likings just turn the key and go ..I have a tank bag and a windshield bag so that's all the storage I need ...I have also used this sled off trail and with the wide skis the whole machine floats ...no problems in slush, deep snow, just don't try to carve it up around trees etc..lol

I followed the Yamaha rep during the TY demo rides. He was riding the Viking AKA The COUCH LOL! I was on a Phaser FX and could NOT catch him!! Those who rode that day can attest at to the trail conditions that day. ROUGH!!! That being said, the Venture is much lighter and when you remove the rear seat, Yamaha has a storage bg that fits in the well the 2nd seat rides in. I rode the GT at the demo rides and was blown away at the ride at, ahem...lets just say I was going real fast. Trail 8 is notorious for being bad. Could have drank a cup of coffee LOL. I go 300 with gear and would have NO problem making one of these my full time sled. If the power is not to your liking, there are plenty of turbo and supercharger vendors that would be willing to help you out. I think that would be the ULTIMATE sleeper sled! Best of luck with your decision ;)!

I did have the same thought, putting a turbo on a Viking.

Pull up to the line, and smoke the competition!

What a hoot that would be??? LOL... The ultimate sleeper!!!

There is certainly plenty of room under the hood for either a turbo, or supercharger.

In Canada, I have seen many Vikings as touring sleds.

Here is a photo of assorted Viking's and Venture's at a restaurant in Pohenemagook, Canada.
AllYamahas.jpg

Another time, my buddy and I met up with a group of 4 sleds in Gaspe'. A Canadian with a Viking broke trail for about a 20 mile stretch during last years Feb 15th snow storm. I was impressed. :Rockon:

I would definitely want to put a winch on it somewhere, just in case.

In the near future, I'm really hoping that Yamaha will upgrade engines in both the RS Venture, and Viking models, and put in the fuel injected three holer. Seems to me that would be a logical progression, and get away from carbureted motors completely.

That would be on my wish list.

"All the best", in finding the sled that best suits your needs! ;)!

Back