• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sledding in Minnesota

sharky007

Extreme
I was wondering if someone could tell me where is a good spot in Minnestoa to sled. I would like to take a trip there this season.

The North Shore from Two Harbors up to grand Marais is very scenic and they usually get a lot of snow. (Compared to the rest of the state). The Finland and Isabella areas usually get a higher than normal snow fall. Lots of trail systems on the Iron Range. From Grand Rapids all the way to Ely. I'm not very familiar with the NW part of the state. Lots of fun trails north of Grand Rapids in the Bigfork/Effie area that usually don't see a lot of traffic. What kind of trip are you looking for? Lots of off trail, high mile destination/backpack trips? Why not join us for the Northern Mn. TY ride?
Biggest concern is snow amount/trail conditions. The last few years have not been all that good. Had to cancel the TY ride last year due to lack of snow. Make sure you do your homework on conditions before you trailer hundreds of miles. Let me know if you have any specific areas in mind or questions about Northern MN in genereal.

we got 16-18" here, but no word on if the groomers are headed out. Where we are, a lot of the trails rely on lakes, and they are not frozen over yet.

I was just out Thursday night for a short ride with a buddy. They are rough, but snow covered just about everywhere. There are also tracks on the lakes, being told there is about 6-10" out there depending on where you are. I've put about 130 miles on since the 18" storm we got. The rain really killed off a lot of the snow, but there is still enough to ride.

Back