• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sloppy a arm mounts

stomper

TY 4 Stroke Master
I just replaced the front left bulkhead on my apex. It was a used one. While putting the a arm bulkhead bushings in I noticed that one of them is a bit sloppy. obviously due to worn bushing from the past. What has been done in the past to fix this. I was thinking of machining a new bushing to fit, but the hole is not round and would have to be filed round. Is thee another wat to fix this.

Without pics, it almost sounds like you bought a bad bulk-head. From what I'm reading, you purchased a used bulk-head that already had the bushing worn thru to the bulk-head itself. IMO it's junk and nothing but problems.

You can always tig, grind, piss and mone to make it work but, what's your time worth?
Good luck.

Thanks for the replies guys and all the ideas but I won't be needing them. It was a screw up on my part. Upon closer investigation I found that I was test fitting an upper bulkhead bushing (smaller bushing)in the lower bulkhead bushing (Larger bushing)hole. OOPS!!

stomper said:
Thanks for the replies guys and all the ideas but I won't be needing them. It was a screw up on my part. Upon closer investigation I found that I was test fitting an upper bulkhead bushing (smaller bushing)in the lower bulkhead bushing (Larger bushing)hole. OOPS!!

Done that more then once. Lol

Back