• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sly dog mount kit question!

fiddlersgreen

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Viper xtx le
I can get a set of sly dogs for a decent deal with mounts kit for a burro/ phaser and the other kit just says arctic cat.
Wondering if the arctic cat mount kit will work on a xtx 15.

I was thinking the same but it don't say procross/climb.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 86
I believe what you have there the 04-b001 should look like this correct? these are for the old arctic cat chassis
_12_zps1sgpw6br.jpg

The new Procross/Viper use a 04-b001-3 that look like this.
mkmm_zpsricymxkp.jpg

Edit: If in doubt call Sly dog

Bingo!!
It's the old kit that I have. I guess I'll have to come up with a kit for the viper/ procross.

That's why I love this site.
Ask a question, get an answer fast.
Thanks!!!

Fiddlers, what skis came on your viper. If you have the 14 Tuners, the rubbers are the same, but you have to trim the wrap down edge off the bottom. If they were the 15 Tuners, then the rubbers will work stock. You can use the stock bolts and shim washers (as necessary to fill the saddle). Only thing the kit comes with is the bushings, bolts, and rubbers. Bushings and bolts will work, and your stock rubbers may work with a little modification. At the most, all you should need is rubbers for a set of 15 Tuners and you should be good to go.

I have the xtx le with the cat mountain skis.
I haven't had a chance to Check out the mounts and rubbers but will hold off on buying a mount kit until I get to check it out.
I'm thinking now that with the nytro,cat, and stock mounting kits I should be able to make up something that works.
Thanks

Spindles were the same either way. If we can get Yamahaguys to chime on on this we will know if the cat mountain ski rubbers work since he put Slydogs on in place of his cat mountain skis.

Yamahaguys?

I think you'll find that you can use the existing hardware and rubber from your XTX(nut,bolt,washers,rubber,spacers) If you have the AC mountain skis the rubber will fit very well once you cut the fingers off the bottom of the rubber. All the Slydog skis are the same they just change the bushing in the ski so that so fits the bolt diameter correctly. Those bushing you can see above in the pictures that TrickyNick posted and you might need to get them from Slydog. I can post a picture tonight of what you need to trim off the rubber

Right on, perfect.
yamahaguys,
I see you have the 8'' skis.
I got the 7 ''
What carbides are you using and how are they on the trail?

We use the cheapest carbide (4inch round bar) slydog has and we usually get 2 + years out of them. They work fine when we hit the trails , I think the extra tall keel has a lot to do with that. You might want more carbide if your on the trails a lot?
All those fingers sticking up on the bottom of the rubber need to be cut off flush or you can use a slydog rubber like the pictures above that Trickynick posted.
This rubber is from a 2015 XTX LE that came with cat mountain skis. Once you cut those fingers off the rubber will look just like what you would find on a 2015 Turner ski.

20151007_170432.jpg
20151007_170615.jpg
20151007_170559.jpg

Last edited:

Back