• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SlyDog PowderHounds and carbides...??

FormulaPro

Extreme
So I added the Slydog Powderhounds to my '07 Attak, along with a 1.5 inch Intense Track before I even rode it. Absolutely love it.

It is time for new carbides and... based on the fact it still darts a little in certain conditions, I was thinking about trying out maybe the Woody's doolies?

Does anyone know if the Slydog skis use a standard bolt pattern for carbide runners? or do I have to stick with what SlyDog offers?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Keith M.

C@A carbide pattern fits the Slydog skis. I run 8" Bergstrom Triplepoints with Scott Bergstrom's recommended setup. works great on my Attak.

Correct, they have the C&A ski bolt pattern, but the problem is that Studboy Deuce bars and Woodys Doolys are not available with the C&A bolt pattern.

I'm pretty sure the Stud Boy Shapers are available for these skis. I'd try 6 inchers and a 1/4"-3/8" shim under the rear of the rubber ski mounting bumper.

I thought for the slydogs you want the shim under the front part?

radta7 said:
I thought for the slydogs you want the shim under the front part?
The rubber blcck that comes with the Slydogs these days is much differently shaped than the stock Yamaha block that needs shimming. I just used that Slydog block, didn't shim, didn't even do anything to ski alignment. I just slapped the skis on with 4 inches of standard carbide and went snowmobiling. No darting, no pushing. Excellent.

Have they changed the rubbing mounting blocks at all? I immediately went with 1/8" toe in and shimmed the front of my Slydogs 3/8". I have some very minor darting on extreme hardpacked snow when I get caught in the rut of another ski, but other than that they work great. BigMac, ride up towards the Backus area this weekend and we can compare setups :)

Woody's Doolies will make the sled push bad in the corners. I have Slydog Powderhounds on my Attak with 8" carbides, bergstrom ski-savers and an 1/8" toe-in and it is awesome!

jwifferdill said:
Have they changed the rubbing mounting blocks at all? I immediately went with 1/8" toe in and shimmed the front of my Slydogs 3/8". I have some very minor darting on extreme hardpacked snow when I get caught in the rut of another ski, but other than that they work great. BigMac, ride up towards the Backus area this weekend and we can compare setups :)
Last conversation I had with Brandon Bunker at Slydog, about a month ago, indicated that they had made changes to those blocks in response to customer "comments" that they were a little loose in the spindle brackets and because they wanted their customers to not have to shim.

I would ride up that way, but I'm committed to the Iron Range for this weekend. I usually hate weekend riding, but beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

Back