• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Smokin rivets

TurboJamie

TY 4 Stroke God
Any aircraft tech will know what im talking about. When a rivet gets loose you start to see a black residue from it. I will try to remember and take pics tonight.

Have a few getting loose now on the rear tunnel section, our cats did the same.

I have the same thing happening, right side rear.

Aka fretting corrosion.

If you have loose rivets it's best to fix them soon because all the forces that rivet was holding just gets added on to the other rivets and will work those ones loose as well.

Didnt get a pic tonight I apologize. Took my little guy for a spin on my wifes 900 ace. They groomed the trail behind my house today so it was a perfect opportunity.

I have one at the back of the tunnel after a 1000 Kms , will have to replace it.

Is this the regular rivets or the flat self piercing ones? I see black residue all the time. On mine it is just dirt,brake or belt dust. Unless the rivet is actually loose don't go replacing it.

Sorry for the delay.

The last and 3rd last rivet are smoking. Didn't want to wipe the dirt down so you can see the black smoke.

Are you able to move the smoken rivets by hand? I ask this because the black is not visible on the black tunnel.

Back