• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow trail by rider x app anyone have this download for phone

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
I've been looking at smart phone apps for the trail system for Ontario and came across this one " snow trail for rider x" it seems way better then the ofsc app
Anyone have it ?
It even has the trail systems across Canada, United States
The newer version of the app is called Polaris ride command

Last edited:
Reactions: RJH

Thanks for the headsup just downloaded it now

nice that it has offline maps to use when there is no cell signal

Got it, looks like a great app. Can even keep track of your rider group if there is cell service. Pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Got it, looks like a great app. Can even keep track of your rider group if there is cell service. Pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Ya I like that feature pretty neat I won'the loose wife anymore :D

In the Sault Ste. Marie/ Algoma region the maps are off by a few Kms. Be careful with it. The trails on the map match the actual trails but are not lined up.

I had downloaded the app last year and when I discovered how far off they were I emailed them to warn them. I did get an acknowledgement that they knew about it and were fixing it.
This season I redownloaded the app and nothing is changed.. I think it's almost criminal to know their maps are way off and not to fix it. Someone could get really lost or even worse if they relied on this app to get them where they are going.

Be careful with this app!

In the Sault Ste. Marie/ Algoma region the maps are off by a few Kms. Be careful with it. The trails on the map match the actual trails but are not lined up.

I had downloaded the app last year and when I discovered how far off they were I emailed them to warn them. I did get an acknowledgement that they knew about it and were fixing it.
This season I redownloaded the app and nothing is changed.. I think it's almost criminal to know their maps are way off and not to fix it. Someone could get really lost or even worse if they relied on this app to get them where they are going.

Be careful with this app!
I just went for a drive and it's spot on
Could it be you were in a area that didn't have cell service because you still get the map offline but won't have "real-time location "

I used to use it but they got rid of the directional feelers. Used to move the icon just rotating phone. Was very helpful. Got me out of a lost night once! Now those are gone so only way to tell where you are headed is to actually move forward.

I used to use it but they got rid of the directional feelers. Used to move the icon just rotating phone. Was very helpful. Got me out of a lost night once! Now those are gone so only way to tell where you are headed is to actually move forward.
I think the new version " Polaris ride command has it tap the icon on the bottom left of map and it rotates as you do

Is that what you are talking about..

Checking this out right now!!!! it's amazing what these new fangled walkie-talkies can do.

Except for spellcheck, they can't do that right. just had to edit that post. what an ironic let down

Checking this out right now!!!! it's amazing what these new fangled walkie-talkies can do.
It's crazy!!! I was one of those stubborn guys who refused to get a cell phone until last year when wife forced me to buy one! Now I could live without one...lol
endless apps for these things and they are free too!!! I even have a app that turns my phone into a tv remote, garage door opener, can view security cameras in real time when away..... Oh and I'm text whore too!!lol

It is a great app. I use it in Manitoba all the time. They seem to update it a fair bit as well.

ya the Polaris app is good, but they fall behind on updates (American focused). I contacted them a couple times concerning updates to Ontario. The offline maps are awesome! Very accurate as to the ofsc app.......or at least 2 years ago. To bad ofsc would not create an offline map to. Who wants to burn the hell out of data

Back