• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowtrackers on a mono skid

Been thinking about it & this is the way I understand it. I may be wrong and don't want to start an argument, but just want to get it right....
-the weight on the skis basically stays the same regardless of ski spring setting
-the softer the spring the more ski pressure there is because there is less assistance of weight transfer
-increasing spring tension would assist with weight transfer thereby giving you less ski pressure. If so 75% of the springs length would assist greatly.
I've sent an email to Snowtracker to try and clarify.

I see where you are going & your logic does make sense but with mono most of your ski pressure is controlled via the transfer rod & limiter strap. Take transfer off front skis & put on track let limiter out all the way then set up front shocks for your riding style. If you have too much pressure on front skis snowtrackers will let you know as you will feel oversteer but you will probably be aok just backing off limiter & min transfer to front skis. Snowtrackers do turn easily & why they are a dream set up for eps with min transfer.

I see where you are going & your logic does make sense but with mono most of your ski pressure is controlled via the transfer rod & limiter strap. Take transfer off front skis & put on track let limiter out all the way then set up front shocks for your riding style. If you have too much pressure on front skis snowtrackers will let you know as you will feel oversteer but you will probably be aok just backing off limiter & min transfer to front skis. Snowtrackers do turn easily & why they are a dream set up for eps with min transfer.
;)!

Been thinking about it & this is the way I understand it. I may be wrong and don't want to start an argument, but just want to get it right....
-the weight on the skis basically stays the same regardless of ski spring setting
-the softer the spring the more ski pressure there is because there is less assistance of weight transfer
-increasing spring tension would assist with weight transfer thereby giving you less ski pressure. If so 75% of the springs length would assist greatly.
I've sent an email to Snowtracker to try and clarify.
What did Snowtracker say?

No reply yet
They didn't get back to me either when I asked can I leave Bergstrom shim in ski boot or do I need to take it out? I finally contacted USA tirewiz distributer of snowtrackers & Snowtrackers told him we don't sell shims....lol. I gave up ...I don't speak French ....I guess ....bad comumication with Snowtrackers that has a good product. Let us know if you get a response?

Definitely no shims! With the mono skid just set ski spring preload with sled off the ground just so the springs are snug. The rest is not a big deal with the single shock mono skid. I've set up many this way with awsome results. Also make sure to set toe to 0.

Definitely no shims! With the mono skid just set ski spring preload with sled off the ground just so the springs are snug. The rest is not a big deal with the single shock mono skid. I've set up many this way with awsome results. Also make sure to set toe to 0.
Just curious why no ski shims on 2012 XTX using aggressive snow trackers? Seems to me runners would wear more evenly.

The design of steel guard on the Snowtrackers does what the shim does. Tilts the ski so there is more pressure towards the rear of the carbide. Using or leaving the shim in just adds more pressure to the rear.
Again the setup is simple on the Snowtrackers. Zero preload on the front springs or almost level A-arms, even with floats the same principle applies.
Limiter strap in the stock location and make sure the toe is set to O.
I bet I have more than 30k combined miles setting up different sleds with the above mentioned.

You want the front of the ski on/in the snow. The defuser (the channel out side of the wear bar and also leading the wear bar) needs to be in the snow to work! That's what gives 0 tracking.
Limiter strap and transfer rod have little to no effect on ski pressure in a mono shock skid. Limiter strap only limits the amount of drop out the front of the skid can do (nothing to do with pressure) and usually loose doing nothing under normal riding. The transfer rod controls the amount the front and rear of the skid can travel independent of each other (allowing chasis to roll back/transfer).
Again, set toe to 0, springs as stated above and ride!

Back