• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SOOOOOO sick of cold hands!!!

TonyVT

Expert
Website
fletcherroughriders.posterous.com
Tried the re-wire, no good. Tried 2 kinds of hand guards no good. there has to be a way to make these stock grips work without expensive mods or swap outs? So many posts and so many different results.???? I never had cold hands even on my old 85 Phazer!!!!

hot grips

i replaced my grips ,and wired them the same as stock,and i can only run them on 4 bars they are so hot.i also filled mt bars with spray foam.
total investment about 50 to 60 dollars

Forget all of that, buy rockmeisters kit!! use all stock parts, quit throwing good money after bad..... his kit flat out works, my wife, who always runs her grips on full on hot, had to turn off rocks kit!

TonyVT said:
Tried the re-wire, no good. Tried 2 kinds of hand guards no good. there has to be a way to make these stock grips work without expensive mods or swap outs? So many posts and so many different results.???? I never had cold hands even on my old 85 Phazer!!!!

Buy some gauntlets and your hands will be warm/hot...I only wear snowcross gloves on the coldest days/below zero

I also got a set of gauntlets. They work great. It stinks that you have to use them because something as simple as handwarmers don't work but they do a great job. i just keep them in the nose of the sled and put them on if I get cold. I have ridden at -20F with them and my hands were warm.

Yep, gauntlets for me also. Have had to use them every ride this winter. Tried to go without them last weekend and use Skinz hand guards, man what a mistake!

buy rocks kit, it works great. I do have guantlets for the frozen nights, not for the bars though, those will burn your hands off now. guantlets and guards are for the outside of my hands.
his kit works as good as the old 97 up style yamaha sleds grips worked, hand burners.

very well made. cant say enough good things about his service and product.

Did the 06 bars on mine but the hooks on the 06 bars are NOT heated. Solved this by putting the 07 bars back on and installing Rocks kit. ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!!!!
He was selling these things like candy at the Muni ride.
ANYONE who has it says it IS THE WAY TO GO.

I agree...

Rock ROCKS!
:Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon:

I did Dans mod using the 07 and later sublead with my 06 bars. 3 to 4 LED bars is all I ever need. Must of got lucky.

Back