• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spark plugs in 4 Strokes

JP10

Extreme
I recently bought my first sled, an 07 phazer mountain lite. All my prior experience is with 2 strokes, in fact this is the first year that anyone I ride with will have a 4 stroke. I know that with 2 strokes, changing plugs is somewhat common and at least a couple times a season, we have had to stop because someone needs to change a plug. The plugs on the Phazer are really hard to get to, so I assume that they are very reliable and I shouldn't have any problems. I know spark plugs in 4 strokes must be more reliable, as I have never heard of any one fouling a plug in a car or another vehicle.

My question is have you ever had to change your spark plugs in your 4 stroke on the trail? On my phazer it seems that it would almost be easier to get towed out and change the plugs in the shed as it would be to do it on the snow.

Any comments welcome

Thanks
JP

I have never seen one foul on the trail. The only chance I believe you would have to foul one is at start up if you left the choke on too long. Very rare, I wouldn't worry about it.

On my Apex no prob, EFI and just let it warm up on its own. As for the Phazer, it will be new to me as well but from what I've read same thing just start it and let it warm up. Don't touch the flipper until it's run and the warm-up light is off. For the Carbed three cylinders, what Mighty said.

Oops, I forgot the Phazer was FI. The only time I think you might have an issue is if you start it up a bazzilion times to show the buds without letting it thoughly warming up.

Back