• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Speedo not working

upei93

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper X-TX LE MPI turbo
2009 Nytro XTX
I had to change my chain case cover last year because drive shaft wore through…cleaned up magnets reassembled and plugged into new speedo sensor that came with used cover and now everything on gauge works (rpm, alt, water temp ect) but speedo stays at 0. Was in there again this year and all magnets are there and I cleaned and dialectic greased all connections and speedo still showing 0… Would a reversed magnet cause this? Should I go back to original sensor? Anybody ever have this happen?

Yup plugged in, cleaned and dialectic greased...gauge shows a 0 for mph...when it warms up I'll try putting old pick up on...thought maybe it might have something to do with magnets although rpm works fine.

Yup plugged in, cleaned and dialectic greased...gauge shows a 0 for mph...when it warms up I'll try putting old pick up on...thought maybe it might have something to do with magnets although rpm works fine.

RPMs are off the motor, the only thing that read off the magnet is the speed. It would be the sensor or the magnets.

RPMs are off the motor, the only thing that read off the magnet is the speed. It would be the sensor or the magnets.
That’s what I wasn’t sure about…thanks!!

Finally got around to changing sensor and same thing...speedo reads zero...was in there last month and all the magnets are there and are magnetized...wouldn't think I'd have 2 bad sensors. Blew my track this weekend so I have to go back in there to replace track, any ideas what to check?

Are your magnets in properly? I believe they are to be alternated plus and minus.

Are your magnets in properly? I believe they are to be alternated plus and minus.
Wow, this I did not realize... My Speedo is working, but I can't believe I was lucky enough to get them in the correct polarity when I replaced my driveshaft last year. It would be nice if the magnets were marked or something....

So I alternated them and noticed most had a red dot on inside...again, they are all still magnetized and a b!$tch to get back in straight. Does this look right?

Attachments

• IMG_5655.jpeg
    IMG_5655.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 29

Back