• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SR Viper MTN

I vote no look at the nytro section its been dead, same thing will happen with the vipers.
Once people get there stuff figured out they end up riding and are hardly ever logged on

I say yes , because what works for the mountain guys doesn't really work for the trail riders and flat land guys !

With Yamaha trying to get a bigger piece of the mountain segment, why not.... if its not really busy in there, maybe throw the mountain vipers in with the xtx crew.

I would say yes also.
There a lot of difference between the two, clutching for one, and for turbo ones boost and all around set up. It would also be nice if we could all go on that site and see what type of issues if any are going on. I think they are two different animals...

onlyblue said:
With Yamaha trying to get a bigger piece of the mountain segment, why not.... if its not really busy in there, maybe throw the mountain vipers in with the xtx crew.
Now that's a good idea !

I built an MTX from an XTX and the only diff is the track and the clutch weights. Its the same sled, dividing it just makes more areas to look for information in my opinion.

Even the fox float settings are the same.

I don't think it would hurt to have one, with the mtx coming out next year it would give the aftermarket guys a place to promote their mountain products.
Even just for the mtx guys to share clutching, simple mods that will be unique to the 2015 machines ex. steering set up for the new units, different shocks ect
Or are you able to do a trial period for the forum and judge it after a set time period ?

yukon yamaha said:
I don't think it would hurt to have one, with the mtx coming out next year it would give the aftermarket guys a place to promote their mountain products.
Even just for the mtx guys to share clutching, simple mods that will be unique to the 2015 machines ex. steering set up for the new units, different shocks ect
Or are you able to do a trial period for the forum and judge it after a set time period ?

I am going to the demo in Sout Dakota this weekend to ride the 2015 MTX and hope they will run it against our home made MTX with my clutch fix. I hope the shocks are not pumped up over 100psi like they were at the snow show though.......

Ride impressions to follow next Monday.

There may be only clutching track and suspension changes but mountain riding is way different. The discussion are completely different. It would cut down confusions between models and would give the mountain guys a place to talk about mountain specific subjects

^^^^^^^ what he said and

09nytro said:
I say yes , because what works for the mountain guys doesn't really work for the trail riders and flat land guys !

X2

MrSled said:
Do we need a Viper MTN Forum?? Its the same sled with a longer track?? Thoughts

Yamaha propaganda says not, via BS master CR " it was much more then simply adding a long track and narrowing up the ski stance"

scott32 said:
MrSled said:

Yamaha propaganda says not, via BS master CR " it was much more then simply adding a long track and narrowing up the ski stance"

Whats up whit that comment?
Not many people directly linked to yamaha are willing to even talk sled with us.
Chris is and statements like yours are bullshit and dont belong on this site.
Not cool dude

RTX said:
scott32 said:
MrSled said:

Whats up whit that comment?
Not many people directly linked to yamaha are willing to even talk sled with us.
Chris is and statements like yours are bullpoop and dont belong on this site.
Not cool dude

Don't confuse the acronym. Best Sled master..lol though I might get some flack on that. Cheers.hahaha

Back