• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SR Viper vs. FX Nytro XTX 1.75

If I were you I'd pick up the nytro instead, you'll have plenty of money to put into it to work out all the kinks brought on by the nytro plus you'll still have some money to invest in a new exhaust, pc5, intakes, clutching to bring you up to that 800 class. Just my opinion tho

sheetwright said:
The nytro is a beast that needs to me tamed. It takes a lot of time and money to make them right. They are a very active sled. Fun yes, but active. You are not going to be a lazy rider like on a 1200 doo with a nytro. You can make them right, but by the time you modify the front end, shocks, and rear end you could of bought a cat turbo, doo 1200, or viper, and used the couple grand difference for for power adders on one of those suspensions that are close to great. I have tons wrapped up in my nytro. New z bros front end, star relocation kit, shocks redone, boosted etc etc etc, and I know I could get nowhere what I want for it, and she finally rides like a great date now. The nytro has a stigma even if you do get them running great like mine.

Personally I'd probably go with a Viper over a Nytro unless the price was right, but with that said, a later model Nytro is not a bad stock sled. When I bought my 2012 XTX I was so worried that I had made the mistake of a lifetime after reading through these forums before I rode it. The only modifications I made was to add the Tuner ski and to set up my suspension and you know what? The thing rode and handled very nice. Now I am not saying that you can't improve the Nytro by doing the things you have done, but to say that the sled must be modified to be ridden isn't the truth at all. Yes, I did add the Tuner skis like the 13 and 14 have and I can't comment what they are like without them, but I am very happy with the sled. It doesn't dart and it doesn't feel nosey at higher speeds. I don't doubt that the new Viper will out handle the Nytro... it should since it is a much newer design, but to say that the Nytro is unrideable stock isn't the truth. Actually my sled handles well and is a blast to ride.

Sorry if I made it sound unrideable. It is not true. Like I said it is an active sled. Even with suspension adjustments, and skis it is not a lazy ride like its competition. It is a very fun ride if you like leaning, standing, up down movement etc. Kind of like the old rev in a way for ergos. But when comparing it to the viper etc its not a sit down bump rider. You need to be a part of the riding experience. Which I enjoy. My changes were for two reasons. The need for speed and to eliminate the corner ski lift and high center of gravity feel. Does it need more power for the twist and turns, bumps, or ditches? Nope not at all. And for handling I rode for years just doing skis and shocks having a fun experience. Just wanted more cause I knew it was achievable. I will never bash a 2010+ nytro. They are a fun ride, but like I've said even in the resale thread. People have given it a stigma since 08, and by having yamah come out with something that will ride more like their three competitor's it seems they are listening to the mass, and their wanted riding style.

Back