• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Srx fox iqs shock problem

RtxViper

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SRX LE
My rear shock failed at the end of last season so i had all of them rebuilt by carver performance this fall. after i had them reinstalled and started the sled i got a code for one of the shocks. At that time the shocks could not be adjusted and they were all very stiff. So i turned the sled off and back on and it went away and shocks were able to be adjusted from the handle bar. Went out riding for the first time friday night and all seemed fine. I went out again on saturday and the shocks seem to be stuck stiff again like your riding on the bump stops, You can still adjust from the handle bars but makes very little difference and rides harsh. if you push down on the sled there is basically no dampening. No codes either. Is there a way to maybe reset the module or a way to fix this?

My rear shock failed at the end of last season so i had all of them rebuilt by carver performance this fall. after i had them reinstalled and started the sled i got a code for one of the shocks. At that time the shocks could not be adjusted and they were all very stiff. So i turned the sled off and back on and it went away and shocks were able to be adjusted from the handle bar. Went out riding for the first time friday night and all seemed fine. I went out again on saturday and the shocks seem to be stuck stiff again like your riding on the bump stops, You can still adjust from the handle bars but makes very little difference and rides harsh. if you push down on the sled there is basically no dampening. No codes either. Is there a way to maybe reset the module or a way to fix this?

That is a very confusing statement. When the IQS is adjusted it is adjusting damping. If there were no damping it would be riding very soft.

When the module takes a crap doesn't it revert to firm? I thought I remember reading that somewhere.

Exactly the reason I DON'T want electronically controlled shocks. Same issue with the Doo smart shocks.

You are correct basically it’s like the fluid is overfilled so the shock can’t move
Did you remove the rear bracket when you removed the shock? If the rear bracket is upside down it will apparently limit travel and lock up the shock.

When the module takes a crap doesn't it revert to firm? I thought I remember reading that somewhere.

Exactly the reason I DON'T want electronically controlled shocks. Same issue with the Doo smart shocks.

I think the IQS defaults to soft. No matter how I leave the IQS settings the shocks act like stock when the sled is off.

Looks like one of the front shocks was unplugged just a hair and that’s apparently how it reacts if it can’t see all the shocks you would think it would throw a code. Once we get out of this cold snap I’ll take it for a ride and make sure it’s good mayythis will help someone out later

i am noticing now that every so often when i get on my sled and start it IS reverting back to being on firm without me changing it so something still isn't quite right but at least i can adjust it though

Back