• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Standard Center Shock Billet Sealhead update

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Been waiting about 2 years for these pieces of Billet Jewelry! This is the best chance of making the Cat and Yamaha standard center skid shock reliable uses Fox FIST seals like Qs3R. Hard scraper with O ring in it is THE BEST..Stock Water intrusion kills these shocks and being small they work extra hard. Blown every season stock is very common. I know they are cheap but reliability is more important. $50 a sealhead and standard $30 refresh. Highly recommend this upgrade.

If you have this type center shock I highly recommend this upgrade.
D746E1C3-B277-41C5-9634-84D3D9054B9B.jpeg

Billet FIST Left/Stock Right
6C3F942D-7BAF-49A8-8677-92AB70455CB5.jpeg
26641F6F-E411-4264-B8C0-8B37C6F8CB1A.jpeg

Last edited:

Any chance this was installed on the shock I had you rebuild a few months ago? It was the shock out of my 21 8000 Cat.. I remember you saying you put one in.. Looks exactly like what's on that shock.. You said it was a different piece for me to "try".. Sure looks like what's on my shock?

Any chance this was installed on the shock I had you rebuild a few months ago? It was the shock out of my 21 8000 Cat.. I remember you saying you put one in.. Looks exactly like what's on that shock.. You said it was a different piece for me to "try".. Sure looks like what's on my shock?
The seals in that sealhead is the FIST seals used here. That sealhead is no longer available from fox. Thats why these were made and made to a tighter bushing clearance to tighten things up to prevent shaft wobble. The junk factory HPG/ACT or whatever you want to call the Generic shock the bushing clearance varied all over the place some good some loose. This fit contributed to the issues. Is one other experimental out there but used a bigger bushing so longer. Could only be used by guys who ran limiters 2 holes tight from loose. This Sealhead addresses all the issues at stock length. Good to hear its holding up!

Back