• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Star Suspension???

iahacker

VIP Member
Any one know how to get a response out of these guys at Star Suspension?

I've called several times and it goes to voice mail in French I think. No one ever answers the phone. I tried an e-mail several weeks ago and no reply either.

I was interested in the geometry correction kit for my XTX but, if they can't bother to answer or reply, not sure I want to buy anything from them.

Anyone got experience with this kit? Do you need to revalve the shocks? Different springs?

No experience with the kit but have heard their customer service is pretty good...could be on vacation?

I ordered mine the end of last season. The girl on the phone, Athena Bowbrick was very helpful and I also spoke to Robert, and he answered all my questions.
It is possible they are on vacation, being mid summer.
He actually shipped out the kit from Vermont and saved me a few bucks.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

iahacker said:
Any one know how to get a response out of these guys at Star Suspension?
I've called several times and it goes to voice mail in French I think. No one ever answers the phone. I tried an e-mail several weeks ago and no reply either.

Star is a Quebec company, and every summer the entire province's labour and trade workers/unions take a two week holiday all at the same time. Basically, the whole province shuts down. We are normally very aware of this holiday because it can be a royal PITA if you need to find parts to keep your business running during this period.

So my guess is those 2 weeks are upon us and they are on holiday right now, cause normally they are very good. Welcome to the wonderful world of Quebec!

OTM

I was planning to call soon also. very interested in doing the rear arm, not so much for the front though. If I recall, I figured the kit allows different stroke on the front shock, supposedly needing to be modified and valved to work right. I honestly want to leave the front alone, just want the rear

It may sound funny, but I hear the rear on the sled effects a lot of the front issues. Correcting the rear should do a lot, but myself I would be interested in hearing from others who have used this setup. Nothing better then first hand experience

I thought we were talking xtx. I dont believe there is a shread of the 128 relocate that has anything to do with the xtx. I recall 1 guy that commented on his xtx kit. Love to hear from many more, but it doesn't look likely. I will admit, I like the idea and am not generally automatically interested in the latest best seller, so I will probably be a test pilot this year. its cheap enough for sure

Star Suspension is a side business for the guys as they are actually farmers. Great and easy to deal with and I asked ALOT of questions on email and on the phone before I did the 128 relocate kit.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know Canada did summer holiday. At least it isn't a month like in Europe. We should start a month long winter holiday in the US for snowmobiling ;)!

So, does anyone have the geometry correction set up that can give a ride report?

I am interested in this for my Apex XTX. It shines really well in rough conditions at high speeds as is, but is real stiff for general trail riding. My son has a Nytro XTX and it is a much softer ride than my Apex. I do know the Nytro has lighter torsion springs than the Apex.

Hey bottlerocket,
I had Pioneer re-valve the shocks and it helped so I wanted to try something else.
I did some research on coupled vs un-coupled suspensions, so we will find out.
Unfortunately I put it in at the end of the season, so no report till this winter.
On paper looks like it should work well.
I did only the suspension mod, not the shocks......yet.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

iahacker said:
Thanks for the replies. I didn't know Canada did summer holiday. At least it isn't a month like in Europe. We should start a month long winter holiday in the US for snowmobiling ;)!

So, does anyone have the geometry correction set up that can give a ride report?

I am interested in this for my Apex XTX. It shines really well in rough conditions at high speeds as is, but is real stiff for general trail riding. My son has a Nytro XTX and it is a much softer ride than my Apex. I do know the Nytro has lighter torsion springs than the Apex.

Not Canada...just Quebec I assume....Ontario doesn't do it, with all the tax we pay we can't afford to lol

Well folks, I finally got to talk to the owner of Star suspension today. Real nice guy named Robert. Says he's dairy farmer in the summer and just likes fooling around with snowmobile suspensions looking for improvements. He was very happy to explain to me all about the XTX suspension mod and how it works.
I recomend to anyone interested in his products to give him a call.
He says the geometry correction will do far more for how the skid works than any shock work and to just try it before changing anything else about the suspension. He said the next step would be a heavier center shock spring and provided the Yamaha part number for me.

I ordered the set up today and will report back on how the installation goes. It is $320 US shipped.

Yippy! More work.

If we get any snow this winter I can give a ride report as well.

Back