• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starting/ battery issue with 2008 Ventura gt

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha venture rs
My battery died over summer on my 2008 Ventura gt. I replaced the battery with a interstate equivalent battery. I got everything all hooked up and connected and started to turn the sled over to start it. The starter cranked for about 15 or 20 seconds and the sled was gonna fire then It stopped cranking and just gives me a click. Now ever time I turn the key it just gives me a clicking sound by the battery. I had to stop cause I have to go to work . I put the sled on a battery charger. Should I be looking at a new starter rely? Or did the start take a puke?

sounds like starter took a dump. most likely a magnet broke loose inside and jammed up the starter. common. make sure you use an oe or good quailty after market one as it sucks to have to do it twice. changing starter solenoid is recommended as well.

sounds like starter took a dump. most likely a magnet broke loose inside and jammed up the starter. common. make sure you use an oe or good quailty after market one as it sucks to have to do it twice. changing starter solenoid is recommended as well.
I tried jumping the starter solenoid and it just sparked. The starter did not kick in. I'm gonna replace the solenoid tomorrow and just give it a shot before I go deeper. I'm crossing my fingers but with my luck I'm sure the starter took a crap.

Back