• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Vector 2nd burnt starter.

rb2001srx700

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2001 SRX 700
Hello TY,
So we replaced the starter on our 2010 Vector last year. We put 100 miles on the sled and put it to bed for the summer. I had to replace the battery as it went dead over the summer. My own fault for not having it on tender. But anyways we got the new battery in and tried to start the sled and click click click from the silenoid. A very familiar sound from the first starter. Pulled the new 100 mile starter out and sure enough it's locked up. Is there something I am missing? There is only a single wire to the starter and it's I. Great shape. Starter was not a OEM. Not sure if that matters. I plan on replacing silenoid as well this time. I read that some times it can keep the starter engaged with out knowing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Haven’t heard ANYTHING good about aftermarket starter’s for Yammy’s.

sry, anything i own that has e start gets oe starter unless there is a pull cord on it or says artic cat. they wanted $800.00 for oe one for an atv. aftermarket one was $90.00.

So I had one at my local dealer. Wasn't an arm and a leg so I grabbed it. It's in and working. The other one that burnt out was replaced by the other repair shop. So one on the shelf for back up. Thanks for the feed back.

Hello TY,
So we replaced the starter on our 2010 Vector last year. We put 100 miles on the sled and put it to bed for the summer. I had to replace the battery as it went dead over the summer. My own fault for not having it on tender. But anyways we got the new battery in and tried to start the sled and click click click from the silenoid. A very familiar sound from the first starter. Pulled the new 100 mile starter out and sure enough it's locked up. Is there something I am missing? There is only a single wire to the starter and it's I. Great shape. Starter was not a OEM. Not sure if that matters. I plan on replacing silenoid as well this time. I read that some times it can keep the starter engaged with out knowing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
How big of a job is it? Thinking it may be in my near future

It's not too bad but not fun either. Engine hoist made it easier the second time. Allowed the room needed to get to the starter.

Back