• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starting Issue on the ‘21

VyperNation

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
21 Winder XTX LE 146
18 Winder XTX SE 137
--past sleds--
18 Viper LTX DX
(2) 06 Apex RTXs
99 Vmax 500
Just getting through my break in miles on the 21 and have developed an odd starting issue. 50% of the time I go to start it, it won’t crank. The cluster and gps power up, it just won’t crank. If I move the key to either run or off and try again, it cranks every single time on the second try. Thought I would ask before diving too far into it...

Sorry if this has been covered before, I didn’t find this specific issue.

Make sure the battery connections are tight. My daughters phazer had the same problem.
Just checked. They were tight.... Back to the drawing board....

Are you using the key or the button on the left side handle bar to start?

Are you using the key or the button on the left side handle bar to start?
Im using the key, tbh, I didnt know the button on the handlebar was an option lol!

Im using the key, tbh, I didnt know the button on the handlebar was an option lol!

I didn't know the key started it until I was showing my friend "it doesn't use the key to start anymore" lol.

I'm sure it doesn't make a difference though

I'm sure it doesn't make a difference though
Who knows, stranger things have happened. I will start using the button and see if that changes things. Perhaps there is a timer or some other safety being engaged by the key. Seems odd it only seems to be the case half the time, but there could be a difference in what I am doing and I didn’t realize it.

I just busted out the owners manual and it only covers using the button. Will report back with findings but it will be a couple weeks.

Back