• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starts then stops

fxnytro1050

Expert
Nytro has been lid up for about 2 years,
New battery was installed.
Starter relay wasn't working so I replaced it.
Now it starts and shuts off after about 2-3 seconds on idle.
The idle sounds good/normal. The fuel relay kicks in. But seemed to me like the pump wasn't. I checked it out and there is pressure there. After it shuts down I can immediately start it again with the exact same result.
I went through the diagnostics procedures and checked over a few things but I'm stumped.
No Codes!
Any ideas?

Sounds like its loosing oil pressure.. you sure there is no code. It will not stay running if there is no oil pressure.

If there was low oil pressure that light would stay on until it was started again and te proper pressure reached right? I had this happen before with rolling over and such lol

If it was sitting for 2 years you might check the fuel pump filter in the gas tank as well.

Pete

check the power connector of the fuel pump under the seat! I got the same problem last year. My fuel pump power wire was cut in the connector.
Lost about a week to found this.

when you turn the key on without starting?, do you hear the pump cranking up the pression??

Last night I hauled the fuel line off cause that's what I figured the problem was either blocked line or pump just not working. I hauled the hose off and started the nytro, that second it was going gas shot out pretty far. I couldn't find any psi rating on my manual so I'm not sure if it's exactly right or not.

I had this once in my old sled, go get new plugs, its 10 minutes to change them out. And get all of the old gas out of the tank and put in fresh before you retry to start it with the new plugs.

Well I hauled the air filter off and started it, when it started I began spraying gas into the intakes and it was a rough idle but it was an idle. So then when I done this I got code 43 which is pump or injected voltage. I'm getting 10-11 volts on diagnostic mode and I checked the pump voltage and I'm getting the same there. What is going on, maybe if the injectors were plugged it would display that?

Did you change gas and sparkplugs like several of us suggested?

Pete

Not the plugs but gas yes.
I might have to replace them now anyways. I sprayed some of the mercury power tune in the fuel rail to get rid of the gumming, if any. If this doesn't work. Yes I will change the spark plugs. But I'd say if the pump isn't weak then fuel isn't getting to the cylinders so. Got to be dirt or something. I will have to clean everything then I guess.

So dumb question.... the Starter Relay or Solenoid was replaced? The one I am questioning is connected to the short positive power cable. If you didnt replace it, get new plugs AND the Starter Solenoid as that darn thing caused me many many electrical issues as it corrodes badly.

Back