• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starts then stops

So dumb question.... the Starter Relay or Solenoid was replaced? The one I am questioning is connected to the short positive power cable. If you didnt replace it, get new plugs AND the Starter Solenoid as that darn thing caused me many many electrical issues as it corrodes badly.
Yes it's a brand new one and new battery. I will replace the plugs tomorrow but I have high doubts that it's the issue.

So checked the plugs and they seemed like erratic firing. So I picked up new ones today along with some seafoam. I let it sit.
Tried starting again. And same results .
Spark on each plug, every plug is wet. And all cylinders firing. Just won't stay going without spraying gas into the front of the throttle body. Code 43 still shows if I keep it idling with the spray bottle.
I'm still stuck on pressure or dirt. So I'm going ahead with cleaning the rails and throttle body.
Any suggestions are appreciated!

So reading back thru what you have done so far. With the new battery, what is your voltage at the fuel pump? Still 10-11 volts? you should have more than that as the pump is priming but not able to sustain pressure and flow to run the engine.

My manual says anywhere between 10-12. But I do agree that it should be somewhere up towards 12 volts. Or even a touch more. The reading I got tho was from when I was cranking over so maybe when it started it would go back to 12volts with the alternator/magneto going.

Sounds like it might be the ignition switch or relay. Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting ignition switch wiring connectors? Try checking relays down in front of machine. Pull them and reconnect them. Alot of times the removal and reconnect of electrical will remake corroded connections.

Pete

Bit of a delay but here we go..
When I first tryed starting the sled all I got was a click and it ended up being the starter solenoid just off the battery, so I replaced it.
A few days ago I put the old one back on and crossed it out then she would idle all day no problem.
I hauled the tops off the two solenoids and the new one that I had put on had opposite main terminals. All the trouble because somebody sold me the wrong part.
I put the top off the old solenoid on the new one and now turn the key and bam starts and idles. All that messing around when I had the problem in my had at the beginning.
Lesson learned anyways lol.

Back