• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starving for fuel with Hurricane

I have been fighting a battle with my max Rpm's for a few years now, lol. I started off with a clutch kit that had tip weights somewhere around 2g's, I have slowly increased the tips up to 4.5 grams just to get a top Rpm down to 91-9200. I'm not wanting to add any more weight to the tips in fear of it starting to alter the mid range (shifting).
My head is pounding now just thinking about having to drop 500 bucks on an autotune, and to be honest, I have no clue how to get a full target AFR map aimed at a Nytro, that would be needed to make the autotune be of any use.
Yup, and I didn't want to go turbo because I just wanted a simple plug and play. -_-

rooster
I recently had an issue with my sled while being out that sounds similar to your issue.
My intake filter has full of snow dust and it started surging I cleaned it off and a few wot later it cleared out. Now with this in mind maybe your over fuelled ? secondly your rpm are to high.

Like I said, I have been working on the high RPM issue, I have added more weight to the tips then they have seen needed before at Schmidt Bros. My shifting RPM's are fine, its just my top Rpm's that are messed up, but they are 9200 tops, so far from the rev limiter.
I agree that the fueling is incorrect, but like I have been saying, that is an expensive venture and a complete waste of time to get an Autotune if I do not start off with a good AFR target map.
I know Hurricane has sold hundreds of these units, and the only complaint that you find is that it has a small stumble in mid range RPM's (that kind of sounds cool).

Like I said, I have been working on the high RPM issue, I have added more weight to the tips then they have seen needed before at Schmidt Bros. My shifting RPM's are fine, its just my top Rpm's that are messed up, but they are 9200 tops, so far from the rev limiter.
I agree that the fueling is incorrect, but like I have been saying, that is an expensive venture and a complete waste of time to get an Autotune if I do not start off with a good AFR target map.
I know Hurricane has sold hundreds of these units, and the only complaint that you find is that it has a small stumble in mid range RPM's (that kind of sounds cool).
The power commander changes the stock rpm limiter from the stock 9200?

To anyone that was interested in the outcome, sorry but its going to be a while. While out testing a few things last Friday, I was stopped by the Timmins Police, and charged for having a modified exhaust. Yep, completely unbelievable! There was no way to get out of it, they would not negotiate, or even talk about allowable decibels. Just like robots, once they seen the Hindle sticker on the pipe, it was over. The only good part was that my poor little Nytro was boxed in with 6, yes 6 cop sleds, lol. I wish I would have had my phone on me to take a picture of that!
So, either I wait for all of these laws to get challenged in the courts over allowable DB's (is what I hear is going to happen), or I gut my stock pipe to let It breath.
But right now its a sad state of affairs around this city. They are even charging guys with modified headlights!, anything that they can call modified.

Back