• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Steering nytro

Lssedan

Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro xtx
so I just recently discovered that barn of parts is very close to where I live I contacted him to see about getting his steering relocate kit. But he suggested the MPs kit he has or snowtrackers. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money but I am considering it. Has anyone put some miles on this mps kit how does it hold up ? Are snow trackers just as good? I currently have a 09 nytro xtx with no studs

I have the same sled. The steering post relocate helps the steering effort quite a bit, Also it gets the handlebars in a more comfortable position. The mps kit for the nytro just came out, so while no one can tell you how it will hold up, I doubt that it will ever wear out. Only the tie rod ends are a wearing part. Never used the snow trackers, but obviously they will wear down over time. So personally, I think the best value overall would be the relocator & mps combination.

Do a relocate no matter which way you go. It changes the steering motion from slightly up/down to more of a forward/ back motion. Before my relocate, I was getting horrible cramps between my shoulder blades, but the relocate helped it a lot. But, don't rule out the MPS kit, ride the sled for a bit with the relocate, and I'm sure you will decide that less steering effort will be a welcome change (especially if you are running aggressive skis and carbides).

I don't know how significant but there will be an increase in the steering radius with the MPS installed.

so I just recently discovered that barn of parts is very close to where I live I contacted him to see about getting his steering relocate kit. But he suggested the MPs kit he has or snowtrackers. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money but I am considering it. Has anyone put some miles on this mps kit how does it hold up ? Are snow trackers just as good? I currently have a 09 nytro xtx with no studs

Do a steering post relocate first. OFT makes the best. They replace the inferior plastic steering post bushings with oilite bushings that ride in CNCed billet brackets. There are other choices out there for less money but you get what you pay for.

Do a steering post relocate first. OFT makes the best. They replace the inferior plastic steering post bushings with oilite bushings that ride in CNCed billet brackets. There are other choices out there for less money but you get what you pay for.
OFT might make a good one but I believe the BDX to be the best, I've run mine for 4000 miles, still tight as the day it went in, gets the post more upright and comes with a riser of your choice. The 4" works perfect for me. It's a more expensive option but I feel it's well worth it...Just like your 43+2 kit I bought from you I love my setup!

I have about 4000 miles on my OFT and it's still as tight as the day I put it in. Just remember what MountainTech, you get what you pay for, you'll probably can't go wrong with OFT or BDX.

OFT might make a good one but I believe the BDX to be the best, I've run mine for 4000 miles, still tight as the day it went in, gets the post more upright and comes with a riser of your choice. The 4" works perfect for me. It's a more expensive option but I feel it's well worth it...Just like your 43+2 kit I bought from you I love my setup!

Forgot about the BDX. Also a good choice. Anytime you replace plastic bushings with close tolerance Oilites you are going in the right direction!

OFT works very well have 20,000kms on mine and still works perfect & no slop, it also had the additional benefit for me of creating additional space allowing a rad relocate kit to deal with the reduced space behind radiator, when installed my oversized trailtank and also added MP vented dash to help air flow also (makes the best glove warmer when you are taking a break).

cheers

Back