• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sticking Float Needles

blkhwkbob

VIP Member
Buddy's RX-1 was pouring fuel out the vent lines, so I cleaned the carbs and paid special attention to the float needles. They seemed to operate freely, but I did the normal cleaning and put it back together. Sled ran fine in garage for two weeks, now gas is pouring out the vents again. What exactly should I be looking for?

Is today's gas/ethanol just brutal on these machines?

Sounds like you have dirt under the float needle. That will over flow the bowl. I have dealt with those problems many times.

Sounds like you're going to have to clean them again. Maybe there's a lot of junk in his tank and it's getting sucked up.

Take the bowls off. Pull the pin that holds the float in place. Be careful not to lose the little parts. Under the float is the plunger you need to take out. Your better off to take everything out of the carbs and blow them out with air. In the tech section there are directions on how to clean carbs.

I had this same problem... I cleaned them 2 times and finally went to the dealer and bought 4 new needle sets @ 16.00 ea.

Back