• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stiff Rear Shocks/Shock Valving Specs

Was just out messing around on old frozen snow piles with some fresh snow on it, and I got to say that I really like what that single shock revalve did to the sled. It is much smoother and forgiving and even now it's not bottoming out and I know that for a fact because I know what bottoming feels like (I'm ex nytro and 2013 rr rider and they bottomed a lot).

Studroes144 im not an expert but I think the springs are good, just have your shocks revalved and I think you'll like it. My friend just rode my sled and he also agreed that it is much better with the revalve and he also owns an ltx.

Well I have mine pretty stiff and I think when I'm in rough trails it takes the bumps pretty good, not feeling to stiff or not stiff enough. On smooth trails it handles awesome like its on rails! For jumping it's perfect because it takes a lot to bottom. Now on small chatter bumps then I usually put the torsion springs at the softest setting and it rides great. If I left it at the hardest setting then it's a little to much. But that's an easy adjustment to make and only takes 30 seconds. I'm really happy with my set up....wish you were too.

Studroes at 230lbs I would think your springs should be perfect. You have no sag? On softest of adjuster? The oil change I did was perfect as far as bottoming. It slowed the rebound down also. No more kick ever. I just want a plush ride and I cant get that at my 145lbs without softer springs. Tonight I was hitting 5ft tall soft drifts. Going through and over them. Also a trail section with 3 ft deep x 3ft wide gullies of hard ground. It sucked them up awesome. Very happy with everything except small bumps.

I just checked last night, front shock loosened all the way up and then snugged up 1/2 turn. Rear torsions on softest, when I sit on the sled it compresses the suspension 3/4" and I measured that at the rear grab bar. When I get off it comes right back up to full extension. I would certainly think the springs would be about in line for my weight. When I'm riding in rough trails with torsion springs on soft you can feel the suspension is working but the compression and rebound seen to be way off. When I put the springs on medium it actually is a little smoother ride but it doesn't really soak up any bumps it more the less keeps it so that the shock isn't rebounding so fast. When I enter a bump the sled needs to compress faster and then rebound slower. Just the experience I'm having. Standing up it ride flawless and you wouldn't even think you're hitting bumps but I want the sled to be able to handle that well while being able to stay seated

Going from soft to medium on torsions your rebound should be faster. Might even kick like mine did. I would not run it with the center as soft as you have it. Put the center about in the middle of threads. That will help your transfer but hurt your handling a little. May push. Did you try loosening your track yet?

My front shock is right in the middle on the threads. That is where the spring is completely loose then I snugged it up a bit. My track is fairly loose now so I'm sure that's not limiting anything as far as suspension. And going from soft to medium on the torsion springs actually helped as the shock wouldn't compress as much so rebound speed was nearly as bad. Of medium settings it's prolly only using 3-4" of travel where as the soft setting is using most of the travel but on rebound it's springing up hard

My spring doesn't get loose till almost out of threads. Something is different from rtx to ltx there also. Adding spring tension always speeds up rebound there is no way around that. If you are so stiff it's not moving then obviously rebound wouldn't matter. Put torsion back to stock and get shock valved to work with it before you beat yourself to death sitting down.

Yes I'm going to do shock revalve after the season is over. The sled is very rideable I just know it can be better but I'm not going to take it all apart and send stuff out until the snow is all gone. Also I'm planing on getting a dual rate spring in the front shock and considering doing something with the front shocks. Is it worth messing with the stock fox float 3s?

I put 650mi on mine and really liked them. Have you tried 60psi? If they dont move the swaybar wont work and you will get ski lift. Anything over 60 I found they werent compressing in corners causing ski lift. So set at 60 and valve accordingly if you bottom it. Advantage with Evols is you can adjust soft and adjust for the big hits 3's are a great compromise and with right valving should work great for anyone.

I put a ziptie on the front shocks to see how much travel I'm using. Started at 65 pounds and they bottomed very easily so I kept adding air to them. I'm at 80 pounds now and they just bottom on the really big bumps. I don't seem to get any ski lift or pushing in the corners

Yupp I pull the front end off the ground when I add air. I'm very curious as to just how different the suspensions are between the rtx and ltx. Seems like a big different in opinions on suspensions between rtx and ltx owners

Even with 6 pounds of boost I can barley get the skis off the ground on a hard packed trail. In the powder it's no problem. My front end stays planted. Easy to fly through the trails.

Just back from the weekend with the softened shocks I had Deycore do. Have the limiters up one hole and backed off middle spring pressure with blocks removed. Way different sled and you can get the sled to squat and pick up skis a bit. Much more fun now! I think the springs may still be a bit stiff so may look at getting softer ones-weigh 220 and have not bottomed yet on softest setting. Softer re-valve on rear definitely helped a ton! LTX SE btw-seems like all models are a bit different...

Ikenheimer said:
Just back from the weekend with the softened shocks I had Deycore do. Have the limiters up one hole and backed off middle spring pressure with blocks removed. Way different sled and you can get the sled to squat and pick up skis a bit. Much more fun now! I think the springs may still be a bit stiff so may look at getting softer ones-weigh 220 and have not bottomed yet on softest setting. Softer re-valve on rear definitely helped a ton! LTX SE btw-seems like all models are a bit different...

Thanks for the update! Been waiting to hear some real reviews on the ltx se with shocks revalved. What type of ride were you experiencing prior to the revalved and what all changed? Mine is awesome standing up and hammering but other than that it's pretty harsh. Looking for a little more plush but still having the big bump capabilities.

Back