• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Still no turbo!!!

basic700

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder STX DX 146
2015 SRViper XTX LE
2009 Nytro XTX
What's going on? Sled is still in crate waiting for turbo kit. Anybody know when they will be coming in????

I have the same problem, and snow is stacking up fast in Co. I spoke with Matt at MPI yesterday and he said the turbo's got held up in customs and should arrive to them this week. He said they are shipping a ton of kits next week, I just hope I can get mine by mid December at this point.

I don't know if most people are aware of the problem at the shipping ports on the west coast. It's hurt turbo supply a little bit. We've been building everything like crazy. Turbo's are showing up this week. We're primed to ship a ton of kits next week.

Here's a copy of a news report on what's going on.

Nov 21 (Reuters) - Tension over prolonged labor talks between maritime shippers and the union representing 20,000 West Coast dockworkers has erupted in public as the two sides blamed each other for escalating cargo congestion at the two busiest U.S. container ports.
As of Tuesday, 14 freighters were anchored waiting for space to enter the twin ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, where container cargo traffic has been backing up for about a month, delaying deliveries of last-minute holiday merchandise, port and retail officials said.
The number of cargo ships kept waiting outside the two ports ranged from about eight to 15 on any given day since the backups began around mid-October, said Phillip Sanfield, a spokesman for the Port of Los Angeles.
"On a normal day, we rarely have ships waiting at anchor unless they want to be there," he said.

Alright thanks matt. It just sucks paying for a snowmobile I haven't even seen yet.

I know! We've tied up a ton of money in manufacturing cost so we don't lose any ground while we wait on turbo's. Hard to plan for delays like that. But as soon as they hit a ton of kits will fly out our doors.

I am riding mine stock. I had my dealer put it together, I told him to give me a call when it gets here and I will bring it back for install

I wanted to ride mine stock anyways so I could see the difference between stock and torbo. I am impressed with stock power after I got clutches dialed in now I just smile when I think about 180 HP in that sled:4STroke:

Matt, I thought the hold up was "clutch testing" on Yamaha's part. For the trail turbo kits. At least that's what their email to the dealers said. Alaska hasn't provided good snow for testing and they were in the UP testing...? Any inside insight?

Well its next week will we be seeing our turbos soon????

We worked all weekend to knock out a few more kits. The photo shows 12 pallets but we have 6 more in the shop.
IMG_2312.JPG

Are the mountain kits getting shipped before the trail kits? or are they all getting made and shipped the same time

Dealer called and my kit arrived today, thanks for keeping us in the loop this whole time Matt. Now time to do the snow dance!:letsnow:

Back