• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

STM clutch weights

justin1620

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX DX
2017 Sidewinder LTX SE
1999 SRX 700
1998 SRX 700
2005 Arctic Cat F7
WEBSITE
www.rustymyers.com
Hey guys...I have an 07 attack 136”, studded and gutted muffler..stock springs and helix ...has anyone tried stm supertip weights? I have a set of stm 60y weights and want to try them but need a starting point in weight.

Try this......

Heel 4-3
Middle 0-0
Tip 1-1

I’d also use a OPO primary spring.

60 gram base. It’s close to what is in ulmer kit with his helix. His helix is like a 46 finish I believe. Try what stubby posted and shoot for 10-700 to 10-800 at wipe open. With the stock helix being at 43 u might have to add more tip weight but try what’s posted first with pink spring in the secondary at 60-70 wrap.

The short track helix is like a 52-44 ish, but due to the cut and nickel plated finish shifts VERY aggressively. The stock helix with a white secondary spring set at 60* is a more consistent set up with a longer track and/or heavier rider when using those 60y weights. I’m a lighter guy, so in a lot of conditions I could get away with the short track Ulmer helix on my 136, but in other conditions it was just too much angle and would over shift. A helix with angles closer to stock was much more forgiving, working better in a wider range of conditions.

Back