• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock hyfax minimum measurement?

shawnj

Expert
Just curious if anyone knows the minimum measurement for the stock hyfax on the sidewinders? The back of mine are wearing close to the line that’s on them. Likely a combination of riding 2-up on low snow for a bit. I even had scratchers down but not the whole time. Just wondering if I should try and find some DuPonts before my next trip.

Some hyfax come with wear line some don’t.. I have ran all types, DuPonts included. Even ran anti-wear plates by SLP on closed windows tracks. What I found that works best is heating new hy-fax with a torch to harden plastic ( Do not melt ) then running extra wheels in high wear area’s if and when possible which will extend hyfax in all conditions.. you may be surprised that they will last and last and last.. I found my sled to get better fuel mileage, roll easier and use less power to maintain speed,,, But all this was done with proper suspension set up along with proper shocks and spring settings…

Some hyfax come with wear line some don’t.. I have ran all types, DuPonts included. Even ran anti-wear plates by SLP on closed windows tracks. What I found that works best is heating new hy-fax with a torch to harden plastic ( Do not melt ) then running extra wheels in high wear area’s if and when possible which will extend hyfax in all conditions.. you may be surprised that they will last and last and last.. I found my sled to get better fuel mileage, roll easier and use less power to maintain speed,,, But all this was done with proper suspension set up along with proper shocks and spring settings…
I had been looking also for some marginal snow wheels like I ran on my Apex. I had over 18,000 kms on stock hyfax and still plenty of miles left on them. Only reason I changed was I was completing an overhaul including powder coating skid so figured good time as any to start from scratch.

Here is the chart!

Attachments

• IMG_6588.png
    IMG_6588.png
    104 KB · Views: 67
I had been looking also for some marginal snow wheels like I ran on my Apex.....
I've been testing the marginal snow wheel kit and larger idler wheels from Travis at Barn of Parts and so far they are holding up well and appear to be helping. No noticable wear, and I've been riding in low snow conditions all season.

Where do they get installed?

Wherever you have the most wear. For me it's at the bend, up front. I put them inside the skid because there isn't a lot of clearance to the factory idler wheel that's on the outside of the rail.
IMG_20240101_111015279_HDR.jpg

Just curious if anyone knows the minimum measurement for the stock hyfax on the sidewinders? The back of mine are wearing close to the line that’s on them. Likely a combination of riding 2-up on low snow for a bit. I even had scratchers down but not the whole time. Just wondering if I should try and find some DuPonts before my next trip.
What year is it? There is very little hyfax wear on these procross and it gets to a certain point and basically stops unless you ride in allot of snirt. If you are lining up maybe think about duponts otherwise I really wouldn't be overly concerned

I have experienced significant hyfax wear with all my SRX since 2019. On my 2017 LTX, I had no hyfax wear even with very marginal snow condition.
With the SRX 1 inch fully clip track, I did not expect it!

Where do they get installed?

Wherever you have the most wear. For me it's at the bend, up front. I put them inside the skid because there isn't a lot of clearance to the factory idler wheel that's on the outside of the rail.View attachment 175238
Notice any additional noise/vibration/drag? Those little wheels are turning hellish RPM at even fairly modest speeds. If you do the math, at 80 MPH those little wheels are being asked to turn over 7000 RPM! While I'm sure they sure prevent wear at the classic spot for ProCross rails, how much do they cost in terms or performance/speed?

Back