• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Straitline Header on the way

larrypolaris

Expert
Just ordered a Straightline header from Ulmer.
The header looks sweet.
Anxious to see how it performs with my MBRP can & Excel Intake.
What a difference between Straightline and Stock exhaust.

SR%20Viper%20006 - Copy.jpg stock viper exh.jpg

Is there any difference between Straightline's header and Ulmer's? What about their mufflers? Did they design these together? Just curious...

Is there any difference between Straightline's header and Ulmer's? What about their mufflers? Did they design these together? Just curious...
Same exact thing ulmer is just selling them. I think they went through him to get the products name out more. ( I could be wrong but I think I remember hearing it)

Sent from my iPhone

image.jpeg image.jpeg I just installed mine last weekend in front of my turbo... fit was great, should spool her up quick now! I picked mined up from Straightline right at Novi. Uses the stock heat sheild, the only modification was we trimmed some of the aluminum out in the front that they say to bend down, but other than that, very straightforward install. Look forward to some snow to see the improvement.

Just wondering, how is the clearance at the gas tank and is there a heat shield that comes with the header??

You reuse your stock heat shield. Clearances are the same as stock, as the stock heat shield covers the header, no fuel tank issues or heat shield issues.

I know this is an old thread. I just purchased one of these headers from Ulmers. Anyone know the torque specs of the header bolts?

Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for. Changing it out this weekend.

I have one installed on my viper w trail turbo.... after a season of riding on it, there IS definitely a quicker throttle response, and I feel like it diminished turbo lag

That's what I like to hear. I wish they would go on sale again.

Back