• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stud Length

furgburg

Just picked up a 2012 XTX with a 1 1/4" track, and Im wondering if I should put 1.450 or 1.375 studs in it. Can I run the longer studs without hitting anything underneath? Thanks for your help.

I run the Woody's 1.325 megabites and it hooks up fine. Plus it doesn't put much stress on the track. Still looks new after 1500 miles.

Even a 1.325" will contact the exhaust if you're suspension is not setup correctly. Over 5,000 miles on two Nytros with 1.450" minimal contact with exhaust in occasional bottom out, fast speed conditions but difference in hook up between 1.325" and 1.450" is night and day..

I run the 1.450 and do not have any contact with anything. I am running 171 up the middle. I have just over 1100 miles on all sorts of terrain and have no issues at all.

I have 1.450's as well. I like the way it digs into the ice. I haven't noticed and underside contact yet. I have a 143 in my track. A 144 track has 57 lugs and i used a 2/3/2/3 pattern.

I was thinking about putting some in the outside of my track. Has anyone done this, and has anyone had any issues with tear outs? It sucks to stud the center cause you have to be careful not to get to close the center otherwise the studs will rub on the shock.

I ripped studs thru with 1.450's. awesome hookup, but an expensive replacement when it happens. Wouldn't go that tall again. Never had issues with exhaust but I'm running the Barker.

1.450's in my 09 XTX with no problems so I used the same set up in my new '12. I did use the new StudBoy traction backers, they look sweet and hook up great on a frozen bean field. It it ever snows I will let you know how they work...

I do every pitch

Attachments

• jre2.jpg
    jre2.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 57
You will turn better with them all in the center for sure as the contact patch is narrower and easier to pivot off of. Im looking for more hook up though and I have 228 studs which is over kill for stock trail set ups. IMHO 3 per pitch (171) with one outside staggered every third pitch gives really good traction. Nytro's have great throttle response and you need to capitalize on it during the hole shot.

That's what I am looking for! I think I am going to move the third stud to the outside, instead of everything in the center. The center doesn't have enough area to stud, since you can't get too close to the center, and with the bigger backer plates, you are about 2" on each side of the center of the track.

Bottlerocket, have you ever had any issues with them tearing out? I know the outside is kind of a vulnerable area to stud...

Back