• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

studding 1.25 ripsaw II with evo header ?

gpxsrx

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
way to many 2 strokes
LOOKING AT STUDDING MY SR VIPER 1.25 TRACK WITH EVO HEADER WHATS MAX LENGHT OF STUD TO USE ?
1.325 WOODYS ? THANKS BRUCE

Many stud mfrs have recommendations that are based on the lug of the track. This can be critical because they don't all rate their stud lengths the same.

thought I read that you have to be carful on stud height not to hit evo header

That's a question for Evo, but I would say it is definitely a valid concern. The problem is it seems that his headers are all over the place with some having header rash, some rubbing parts, and some apparently being fine. Only EVO knows if he even knows.

Yep.
Had 1.325 on mine with evo header and track on the snug side.
Chewed into it pretty good.

track.JPG

Weird that it would have hit....but there must be a lot of ballooning going on under there.

I have the 2 1/4 track on mine right now and still plenty of room with my stock drivers. I am in the lower holes but still have 3/4 inch to the tunnel protectors.

If you guys are having issues with 1.325" studs, am I going to have issues with my evo header and my 1.6" ice cobra track?

Phoned EVO today stud can be no longer than 1.37500 inches (1 3/8) or will hit header and must use bigger tunnel protectors.
My track is 1.2500 inches( 1 1/4) and most sr viper we stud at work can use woody's 1.32500 inches with stock header.

Weird that it would have hit....but there must be a lot of ballooning going on under there.

I have the 2 1/4 track on mine right now and still plenty of room with my stock drivers. I am in the lower holes but still have 3/4 inch to the tunnel protectors.

You have smaller diameter rollers with the XTX though don't you?

Jim told me it wouldn't be a problem with my xtx, he said somehow someone managed to destroy a header so now they put that as a disclaimer.

Well the only way around the studding issue now would be to add some extra alum strapping strips to the existing tunnel protectors not a big deal, But I am sure glad I read about the issue on here some where and posted a thread before I studded my sled.

You have smaller diameter rollers with the XTX though don't you?

Stock 8 tooth, but the diameter I didn't think was that much smaller

Phoned EVO today stud can be no longer than 1.37500 inches (1 3/8) or will hit header and must use bigger tunnel protectors.
My track is 1.2500 inches( 1 1/4) and most sr viper we stud at work can use woody's 1.32500 inches with stock header.
i have a 2015 viper ltx se 137 1.25 ipsaw and i put 1.375 studs in i could have problems thanks

Back