• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

"Summerizing" Nytro

yami123

Extreme
What do you guys do/suggest? I always leave my sled in my buddies trailer for the summer. He usually goes out and fires them all up once a month and lets them run for 5-10 min. Will this be ok for the nytro? Will the battery be fine? Does the nytro do ok with just idling for 5-10 min or should the #*$&@ end be lifted up and run?

Do not start it until next fall. Starting over the summer puts condensation in the exhaust, not good. If its going to be on a trailer try to keep it in the shade and ventilated.

change the oil, stabil the fuel, i drain the fuel, if battery is full charge then it will be fine. don't start it until the fall - it serves no purpose - guys do this on 2 strokes because they are too lazy to fog them.

Put the battery on some type of maintainer or it will be dead by the end of summer.

All good advice ^^ grease the skid, put some sort of lubricant on any exposed parts ie balljoints, a arms that have chips or it will be full of rust. I loosen the track but don't think thats necessary. Clean it good to get all the grime off it and make sure its dry, do this first then lube it up ;)! Should be good :sled1:

One other thing I do besides the above suggestions, buy a can of big blast WD40 and spray down all the metal areas you can. Front, rear suspension, motor, tunnel track clips anything! Obviously stay away from the clutches and brake. I have been doing this for years and people are amazed how clean my wife's 2005 RX1 still looks with 10k plus miles!

One other thing I do besides the above suggestions, buy a can of big blast WD40 and spray down all the metal areas you can. Front, rear suspension, motor, tunnel track clips anything! Obviously stay away from the clutches and brake. I have been doing this for years and people are amazed how clean my wife's 2005 RX1 still looks with 10k plus miles!

I wash the sleds and the trailer. Start the engine and get it good and warm running on stabilized gas. Fog the engine, and shut down. Then completely drain the tank. The only way to completely empty the tank is to siphon the majority of the gas out, then pull the tank and dump it. Check the donuts while the tank is off. Pull the battery out and charge a couple times during the off season. Pull the belt off. Loosen the track. Unload the suspension. Stuff steel wool in the exhaust pipe. Put the sled cover on. leave a open container of mothballs inside the cover. Make a list of what needs to be done next fall. Repeat above steps on wife's sled. Put the trailer on blocks. Remove and clean trailer wheels and store inside trailer. Wait till fall.

also should disconnect battery ...and dont start it untell your going to ride it ppl do this all the time idle them in the hot summer does nothin but produce condisation in your engine

Pstn head said:
Is it a good idea to fog the motor on a four stroke ?

It can't hurt to have the addition of oil to prevent rust on cylinders/rings while in storage!

Summer is a tough storage season more so than winter as winter is dry and usually prevents these things, the whole reason for fogging a sled is to prevent rust from forming during the harsh conditions that summer has ie: moisture, hot/cold cycles, condensation, etc..

I also spray all metal surfaces with WD-40 and leave the fuel tank full, as it prevents any condensation from forming in the fuel tank. I disconnect the battery install the tender put the cover on and walk away till the following season!

My dealer gave me the tip of draining all the fuel and putting in one fresh gallon of gas heavily concentrated with stabil. Then run the engine to get it in the injectors. When fall comes fill the fuel tank to full, and since the gallon of gas was heavily concentrated it will be the right mix for a full tank. This way if the gas gets a little funky in storage when you add a large quantity of fresh fuel it will dilute the storage fuel.

We also spray everything with wd-40 after we wash them.

Back