• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Supercharger!

Supercharger = Superloss.

Until they prove otherwise at least!!

They can talk smack all they want........but until it's proven it's just another white elephant.

CM

I saw the Mountain Performance supercharger on a Vector at the Snow West show in Salt Lake. They claim it weighs 5.8lbs vs 16lbs for a Garrett turbo. They said it puts out ~200 hp with 10lbs of boost (220 on the RX-1) with 25% race fuel. It looked pretty clean, but is not less $$. They want $4500 for it. I wish I would have taken a picture of it...I had my camera :o| . However, I'm with Climbax and will not be the first one to buy it. Let it prove itself first.

Wildbill,

I'm glad to see you are still alive. I was beginging to wonder.

Weight diff of only 10lbs. And with that fuel you could run to 275 on an MC Xpress(or maybe others??) Turbo. I'll take the Turbo and have the option to run to, or over 300 on 50/50 fuel. I can not tell if my fuel tank is ever full or empty.....it always feels and works the same.
CM

Spray,
I'm still alive and kicking...especially with the 4' of snow already!! Just had a busy summer, but ready for more snow. It's good to be back!

Yes it has an intercooler just like the bender kit, only with 3 carbs. The air blows from underneath and makes a 180 degrees into the cooler. They have only done dyno testing on it with the stock can. No real life rides yet.

What drives the supercharger? Belt,chain and from where?

blower

Its probably a belt... driven from right side (that black plastic screw covering the flywheel bolt) behind oil tank. they use it to drive mc-xpress
oil scavenging pump on their rear kits STILL VERY SKEPTIC ABOUT
BLOWERS ON THOSE ENGINES :?

You guys are sick. I took mine out yesterday with only 2 inches of snow and scared the crap out of myself. Just about ripped my arm sockets out compared to my bike. No turbo or anything.

Carry on.....

Does anyone know which supercharger they are using?

I'm thinking about using a supercharger on an RS Vector so it is really nice to see that it is actually possible. Maybe you don't need the benefits of a supercharger, such as no lag and boost at low RPMs, on a sled, but it would be nice to test and see if it has any advantages over a turbo. The top power will be less, but not too much. You lose hp using a turbo also, but not so much as for a supercharger.

With lose, I mean of course compared to a theoretical max and not compared to the standard engine. I've read that turbos are said to cost 1% and superchargers a little over 5%, so a turbo engine giving 198 hp would give 200 hp if there were no losses and the same supercharged engine will give less than 190 hp, with its losses.

AndersY said:
With lose, I mean of course compared to a theoretical max and not compared to the standard engine. I've read that turbos are said to cost 1% and superchargers a little over 5%, so a turbo engine giving 198 hp would give 200 hp if there were no losses and the same supercharged engine will give less than 190 hp, with its losses.

I think what he is trying to say is that with a supercharger it takes power to make power and a turbo is basiclly free power, money not factored in of course ;)!

i think what he's trying to say with turbos is they're not 100% efficient. Increased backpressure causes the engine to work a little harder to get the exhaust out. Not that it really matters though...a little more boost can fix anything! Can't wait till i can afford a turbo...i've had boosted (modified) awd cars and it is so much fun to let that turbo spool. ;)!

Back