• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Supertech 6607 does not fit

06attaker

Expert
I thought I read somewhere that the supertech 6607 is a direct replacement for the yamaha filter. I just tried one and it doesn't fit in the opening. It is a little longer than the oem. Probably just should have went with that..... :o|

you dont want the oil to stay to cool it has to hit at least 150 to evaporate any water contamination and flow properly. but a relocation kit to make it easier to change the filter would be great.

I dont know if it would be.We only have to change them once a year and everytime I do it I always find something wore or needing updates when its all apart.Probably wouldnt catch things as well if filter change didnt require so much dissassembly.

I have the ST6607 on my 09' with no fitment issues, it was just a touch longer but it fits. I put mine in by the clutch a-arms, the plastic pulled back far enough to get the filter in through there and on the engine then I tightened it from above.

Back