• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Survey: Yamaha Factory is Listening

Thanks Chris

Great Survey... All should fill out in detail... This is your chance to be part of the next gen. A perfect chance to be honest as to what is important to YOU.

Again CR you have provided us with the oportunity to express our opinions to the people who matter. Thanks for that and the best Sled Blog around. Overall I am very pleased with my Apex SE and appreciate the forum to suggest areas of improvement in the future models. Keep up the good work! ;)!

Done

I guess my biggest problem is price. But I will buy it for dependability because if the woman's sled brakes down as guys you know we will never here the end of it . And oh my god if they have to tow us yikes . It don't matter to me (imo) if I have to change a couple things because I'll set it up the way I like it anyway just like my truck . But if there are issues year after year its time to do something.A lighter sled or supercharger would be nice but its not a deal breaker . If yamaha could come down on price that would be nice as long as I don't have to get towed home I will be happy . By the way yamaha should donate to totally yamaha because if it wasn't for this site and people on it they wouldn't get GOOD insight on there sleds . :yam: This statement is just my opinion but 200 HP would be nice from factory :Rockon:

This was a REALLY good survey, and as some have said one of the best i've seen in sometime....

If in fact that the Yamaha canada people are listening, they need to pay attention to the "repeat" issues guys and gals are having with their sleds. My wife and I have 2 Apex's, and a Phazer. 07 RTX, 08 40th GTLTX, 09 phazer RTX. And the repeat issues i have.... exhaust donuts, slides, Idlers delaminating, Skis, Bushings front and back, steaing slop (very bad)stock shock valving... Alot of these common issue's can be pretty easily fixed. But when somebody spends, $15000 plus on a sled, they expect things not to wear to the point of damaging other components within the first year.

Bassically, i've replaced everyhting that i have had issues with with aftermarket/different manufacturer because i know yamaha parts will just not last. YAMAHA builds amazing motors, there's just no deniing this, but plastic bushings in just about every moving part? and no way to lube? I know we have had updates on the 10's and newer, but when i thing back at years past and older sleds I've owned that have lasted for years... and years... with automotive style parts. Yamaha should look at their ATV lineup's and use "sealed" parts here and there. just an idea.

And again... PRICES... US has deals that us candians can just dream of(unless we cross border shop)... Look at the new cats, Big displacement 4-stroke at a price that is making people leave the blue crowd...

I love my yamaha's, and i'm getting very good at working on them, but for the name and the price we pay... most would expect more. Even with all the issues... I would not hesitate to buy another yamaha. Just get those engineers that flexed their muscles on the motor, try looking harder at the rest. My2c

Done. And as mentioned, some semblance of fairness has to be brought about he price differences between the US and Canada, in both parts and sleds. With a price difference sometimes between $3000 and $4000, it makes it difficult for us to support our Canadian dealers. Why not lead in price fairness amongst all the manufacturers?

The color of the 2012 Apex would look great with a hard anodized black tunnel.

There must be something done about the ice build up in the suspension. Obviously, it's a primary result of the hot exhaust running above the tunnel with the melt off refreezing. This helps neither the weight issue of the entire sled or the additional weight the shock is now subjected to.

This is the only sled I carry a rubber mallet to use to break off all the ice prior to my daily rides.

what about the grip warmer they need to fix it once and for all and all the older one too. it was a great survey.

Ruckus said:
Did the survey. It was mostly about EPS.
Not much point in doing this survey, then.
Obviously, somebody at Yamaha is under the impression that EPS is going to save the world.

I have said it before and I say it again - my own impression is that Yamaha is dropping the ball on the whole four stroke snowmobile thing.
Not because of the four stroke engines, but because of the heavyweight chassis they are delivered in, giving four stroke engines a heavyweight reputation...

Ruckus said:
Drop a hundred pounds, get the geometry right and presto, easy to steer without adding additional weight to the sled to overcome the additional weight of the sled.
Amen...!

Yamaha engines are defenetly awesome, there is no arguing that. But seriously, there are people calling down other brands because of unreliable 2T engines. So what if they last 5,000 km before a rebuild. It takes less time to replace a BRP engine than it takes to do the front A-Arm bushings on almost any Yamaha. What about the exhaust gaskets? Remove the skid? C'mon. What about ice buildup? What's another 50 lbs when it already weighs 600? What about all the cheap plastic bushings in the suspension and steering? We spend hours and hours and countless dollars modifying these sleds to make them handle reasonably whell and end up replacing suspension and steering components with aftermarket parts, installing roll-over valves to keep the oil from spilling all over the snow (or losing an engine) if you tip it over (which is VERY easy to do on a Yamaha). Crappy skis, track and grip heaters, unreasonable slide wear...I could go on and I could also write an essay on how many times mine has been repaired in the 8,000 km of its life. They will last forever on the groomed trails and easy riding but to actually use it in snow is an exercise in futility. I thought I was brand loyal but I for one have had enough. I hate the idea of burning oil in my engine but its a small price to pay to have a snomobile instead of an ATV with a track.

I'm on a 2009 Nytro XTX and I have to say that the engine is great. But the sled is heavy and behaves very front heavy. The shock valving is not even close to be any good, so I will have mine revalved for next winter. It should also be good with a 4 gallon bigger tank. And it definitely needs to go on a diet. The sticker on the tunnel says 274kg(604lb) and that is too heavy. It should be around 240kg(530lb) instead and that’s with a larger tank. I would like to see a new chassi with a new tunnel with under tunnel exhaust so that a larger tank can be used and in the same time move the tools, spare belt, battery etc out on the tunnel to make the Nytro less front heavy.

Anyway it's good to know that Yamaha is listening, and I hope that the easier fixes as shock valving etc can be adressed before 2012 sleds.

Like in the past...it was more for trail sleds..Its the weight..and because of that they need more power..Roll one of these mountains a few times when you are stuck and you will see what I mean...Yes they are more nimble with boost..but they still sink like a rock when you stop or slow down....Trail sleds they are great..take them off trail...and you might as well throw a rock..it sinks slower.. :o| My wife will always have one..she rides trails.. ;)!

Back